PDA

View Full Version : And so they double... (2010-09-30)

wraggster
September 30th, 2010, 02:26
News from the Openpandora Team

More news already!

How many Pandora Boards are out there?
While most of you guys would say "just below 1000", this is not entirely true anymore.

Yeah, there are about 800 - 900 boards in the hands of the users already - but according to a notice we got from Texas today, there are already 1000 more almost finished.
(Almost finished means: They have been populated by the machine and are just missing the manually placed parts like volume wheel, etc.)

So you could say: The boards doubled. It looks like October 18th is a realistic date for them to finish after all!

Cases finished, boards on a good way - what's left is the nubs.

To squeeze the most out of them, they are also trying a way more sturdy, high-grade automotive silicone material.
However, that material needed to be ordered - and won't be there until sometime next week (we don't know for sure when yet, but we're gonna ask).
So on the downside, it still takes a bit longer - but on the other side, it means that the quality of the nubs should be top-notch!
You guys waited so long, you don't deserve nubs that fail after a few weeks!
And be honest: Do you rather want to wait a bit longer and get proper nubs or get your unit NOW the flakey ones? (be careful what you reply, as we could ship one with the old ones to you - but on your own risk;))

Of course, we'll make sure to have everything prepared when the nubs are finished to get the Pandoras as fast as possible out to you.

If everything is prepared, we can assemble 200 units per day.

October 17th is my birthday - and my wish is: All boards finished and non-failing, great-working nubs at least ready for mass production.

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/344-and-so-they-double-2010-09-30/

Da_ALC
September 30th, 2010, 12:31
OMG Shut the hell up. Nobody cares anymore. To little, to late.

The attitudes these guys have majorly pisses me. They should just openly say "we are crap at doing this but we gonna continue anyway", rather than pretending all these problems arent their own.