PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox 1.2 Request!!

PSmonkey
August 22nd, 2006, 16:07
Ok guys, It's time to get in your request for version 1.1 (hopefuly due out this friday/saturday).

Stuff currently going into the next builld ( Sandbox v1.1 )
.) Fixed Rotations
.) Add pause menu to take you back to main menu
.) Add Ini suport for Gravity value
.) Add ini suport for setting an obj mass

Current things in consideration (not all will make it)
.) Dropping Battle (not sure how to salvage it)
.) Fix Bowling
.) Add MD2 Suport (*)
.) Add Mini Golf
.) Add Monkey Ball Clone
.) Add Car Crash Mode

(*) The point of md2 suport is so you can say for instance in bowling, have the pins look like bowling pins insted of just boxes. Yet they still will react via a bounding box vs per verticie.

---------------------

Now here is your chance to speak up on what you would also like changed for the next build.

BrooksyX
August 22nd, 2006, 20:19
I like the idea for mini golf and gravity and mass support. (Nobody has made a homebrew game for this psp with mini golf yet)

Malksta
August 22nd, 2006, 20:48
Well, I like the Mini-Golf mode idea but another mode like Dart's or something similar would be pretty cool

PSPKOR
August 23rd, 2006, 02:28
You could have a high score record on demolition and bowling, also maybe 3D pool/snoocer/trickshots.

PsychoSync
August 23rd, 2006, 03:04
Cover all 3D space so that we can't see the "blue void". Like in park theme, fill that blue void with a sky texture perhaps.

PSmonkey
August 23rd, 2006, 03:40
Cover all 3D space so that we can't see the "blue void". Like in park theme, fill that blue void with a sky texture perhaps.

That was from going outside the box. I did not want to fix the camera to only be in the box (makes it limited).

I will however suport skybox flag so for mini golf it is not an issue.

Kramer
August 23rd, 2006, 04:12
mini golf and fixing bowling would be cool but the pause menu is probably the highest priority

PSmonkey
August 23rd, 2006, 06:11
Small note. Topic now changed to v1.2, 1.1 will probably be out sometime this morning. It mostly will address the issue of returning to main menu as well as add in a few additions to the ini files.

BrooksyX
August 23rd, 2006, 06:19
Good to hear!

ENG
August 23rd, 2006, 12:33
This game is strangely addictive and with the addition of returning to the main menu, it will be even more addictive, thanks for the great release !

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 12:53
how about changing the theme for battle to darts/archery ???

you already have the fire controls sorted just the aiming needs to be fixed.

perhaps use the same mode for the bowling game, so we can adjust the power of our shots

how about pool/snooker ?

hmmmm…

PsychoSync
August 23rd, 2006, 13:02
Maybe add one more function to the reset button (triangle) so that instead of making all blocks disappear, they can be removed one by one.

ex: pressing triangle once--> remove one block (in order of last one added)

press and hold triangle-> reset

PsychoSync
August 23rd, 2006, 13:07
Ho and just an idea for a mini game. a painting one. The block could be like a stamp of whatever texture/color that you shoot on the wall. Goals can be anything like trying to hit a precise spot on the wall or even just free painting, just an idea...

ENG
August 23rd, 2006, 15:04
[QUOTE=accordian boy]how about changing the theme for battle to darts/archery ???
[QUOTE]

I was just about to say that, i think some sort of target practice would be good to replace battle, where you have to hit moving / stationary targets, i've already made a mortal kombat mod of battle with target practice in mind.

DPyro
August 23rd, 2006, 16:01
Nice.

Just a reminder to everyone. Please vote in the poll at NeoFlash (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3048.60) (hopefully for monkey :D)

He needs only 6 more votes for 1st :cool:

PsychoSync
August 23rd, 2006, 16:21
Already did!

V3N0M
August 23rd, 2006, 16:32
Ya i voted for him too.

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 16:39
5 more votes till 1st place…

(i voted)

PSmonkey
August 23rd, 2006, 18:42
I fell asleep last night. Build later today to address a few issues (like return to menu).

A few things I Am considering (wont make v1.1 build)

1) Internal theme editor
2) Change battle to shoot a target.

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 18:48
ooh nice

just a little question…how easy would it be to implement aiming within the battle mode?…

we need a archery/darts theme very soon…hmm…

Zion
August 23rd, 2006, 18:52
being able to return to the main menu and having mini golf would be awesome :D

Accordion
August 23rd, 2006, 19:32
im off to get booze, dont do anything drastic!!

im back
aahh… southern confort…
hmmm…

pool sounds great, dont even need a cue…just use the white ball as done in the bowling game…
cant wait for next releease

ENG
August 25th, 2006, 14:28
PSmonkey, it's close between sandbox and throttlex, but i voted for you, PSmonkey :)

PSPKOR
August 29th, 2006, 17:34
Not trying to rush you or anything PSmonkey but have you updated Sandbox to V1.1 yet, so you can exit to the menu. As you said it would "probably be out sometime this morning" and that was 6 days ago. On another note your now third in the comp with this and second to Escape by taichi1082, but I dont know how that got so many votes, as one day it hardly had any, then all of a sudden it had loads of votes. Well hope you do well as I voted for you :).

DPyro
August 29th, 2006, 20:11
The escape one the guy is cheating so im gonna assume its disqualified for winning in the poll.

Accordion
August 29th, 2006, 20:26
definately cheating, that game is awful…

PSmonkey
August 30th, 2006, 02:23
Not trying to rush you or anything PSmonkey but have you updated Sandbox to V1.1 yet, so you can exit to the menu. As you said it would "probably be out sometime this morning" and that was 6 days ago. On another note your now third in the comp with this and second to Escape by taichi1082, but I dont know how that got so many votes, as one day it hardly had any, then all of a sudden it had loads of votes. Well hope you do well as I voted for you :).

Yeah sorry. I got stuff done but was waiting to add more before I post. I will post my stuff later this weekend.

PSPKOR
August 30th, 2006, 13:40
OK, thanks.