PDA

View Full Version : Second Hardrive on PS3!!!

A_Username
August 22nd, 2006, 18:06
On the features of the most expensive PS3, it said it would have Compact Flash Slots. And I found a compact flash to IDE adapter at my office. Then I plugged it into my laptop's compact flash drive, and then whipped an old 250mb IBM thinkpad hardrive with Win98SE and a bunch of other stuff installed and booted up my laptop from that via the CF slot. This got me thinking, maybe you could go way overboard and buy a 250gb Hardrive and use one of these Compact flash to IDE adapters to put a really big hardrive on your PS3.

Screw 60gb! This ROCKS!!

P.S. These adapters are like $2.50 on ebay. :)

LilSwish722
September 11th, 2006, 00:53
wow...thats a good idea but why would u need anything more then 250GB. I'm sure that whoever buys the $600 PS3 will not need to have a second hard drive otherwise...it basically turns into the PSX

Video_freak
September 11th, 2006, 00:56
I'm sure Sony though of that and put a 4 GB mem card limit like on the PSP! :mad:

The Hombrew Hunter
September 11th, 2006, 01:41
Yeah, I'm not getting the PS3. Period. Way too ****ing costly, probably not worth it until the Ratchet and Clank game comes out.

Video_freak
September 11th, 2006, 01:42
I completly agree Grammar Nazi! ;)

abeisgreat
November 3rd, 2006, 01:53
So do you think a sd-to-ide adapter exists?

Smurph
November 22nd, 2006, 23:35
So do you think a sd-to-ide adapter exists?

The commercial possibility for something like that is nil, so I'm gonna go ahead and guess that it doesn't. Not to mention it would be incredibly difficult to create.

bullhead
November 22nd, 2006, 23:47
60 Gb is ridicuous! Its not even that big these days. Sure my Ipod has 60gb storage space, and my MAC laptop has 250Gb storage. I dont think good people should have to pay more of their well earned for extra storage. (Bad people should, but, hey, you cant always have your cake and eat it right? Isn't that what people say?)

A games console is a games console, enough of the bullhead sony! Gimmie my cake, I want to eat it!

Smurph
November 22nd, 2006, 23:51
60 Gb is ridicuous! Its not even that big these days. Sure my Ipod has 60gb storage space, and my MAC laptop has 250Gb storage. I dont think good people should have to pay more of their well earned for extra storage. (Bad people should, but, hey, you cant always have your cake and eat it right? Isn't that what people say?)

A games console is a games console, enough of the bullhead sony! Gimmie my cake, I want to eat it!

My computer has ~500gB... but that's besides the point. Considering I can get a 250gB SATA 3Gb/s drive for like $60... Yeah, they're overcharging by just a bit for that drive.

nielsss
December 7th, 2006, 17:17
o_O Omg...

dvdhl89
January 13th, 2007, 16:52
Why do u need too much space??

Anonymous D
February 6th, 2007, 17:16
"backups" perhaps