PDA

View Full Version : Brain Age bestowed Edge award, beats out Guitar Hero, others

wraggster
August 22nd, 2006, 18:20
Via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/22/brain-age-bestowed-edge-award-beats-out-guitar-hero-others/)

Nintendo's Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! has received Edge magazine's 'Edge Award,' which recognizes games that show "the willingness to aim higher and try something new." Brain Age beat out cult hits like Guitar Hero (PS2) & Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (DS), along with Amped 3 (Xbox 360), Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Electroplankton (DS), Indigo Prophecy (PC/PS2/Xbox), and Killer 7 (GameCube). "Only Nintendo could make arithmetic fun," remarked Nintendo UK general manager David Yarnton upon accepting the award.

Edge also presented an award to InfoSpace's Dirty Sanchez for best mobile game.

daninski
August 22nd, 2006, 21:51
bbc news quoted margret robinson with that quote. she's the editor of edge.

Junixx
August 22nd, 2006, 22:08
Wow i would have never thought brain age would have beat guitar heroes

CampaKaze
August 22nd, 2006, 23:06
Yah, guitar hero is a really good game oO! but maybe cus it was just one thing over and over again just diff songs. oh well guitar hero is still better imo

woods05
August 23rd, 2006, 06:06
I think Brain Age is a great game. It definitely deserves this award.

The Hombrew Hunter
August 23rd, 2006, 06:26
It does deserve the award.

Guitar Hero was fun, but not as fun as Brain Age's download multiplayer with a bunch of nerds ;)

daninski
August 23rd, 2006, 08:23
guitar games have been done before, the edge award is for successful innovation. so whilst guitar hero is better it isn't 'pushing the boundaries' of what we expect a game to be.

CampaKaze
August 23rd, 2006, 17:36
Yes, but isnt Brain Age just a whole bunch of games crammed together? therefore its as original as an IQ test :P oh well, i guess both games get funner when it gets harder, im still playin guitar hero lol im only on hard, and its really hard for me :cool: Well Grats To Brain Age