PDA

View Full Version : Sensible world of soccer!?

qskint
August 22nd, 2006, 18:28
firstly, ive been reading these forums for a while now but this is my first post ever so hi! =)
i was about to sell my 2.6 psp but just as i was about to get rid the 2.5/6 downgrader came out, now i enjoy cps2, snes, mega drive, gba, scummvm, doom, quake, devhook and all the other excelent homebrew available.
my faves being beneath a steal sky on scummvm, snes - super mario allstars, cps2, neo geo and pang.

and i cant wait for the psx emulator... unless gran turismo 4 comes out first.

anyway onto my question-
Is there any way to get Sensible world of soccer running on psp, at full speed?
Ive tried the amiga emulator but i couldnt even get the disk images to run, although if i had judging by other games ive tried on this emu it wouldnt be running at full speed anyway?
obviously i can get the other earlier sensible soccer games running on snes etc but i really want SWOS portable =)

thanks

qskint
August 24th, 2006, 13:02
anyone? =(

Baboon
August 25th, 2006, 08:35
Get 'Castaway', the Atari st emu. Sensible Soccer plays very well on it (and its the same as the Amiga version). ...I know SWOS only came out on the Amiga but SS 1.1, SS International edition and SS 92/93 all work great. :D

I really do love this emulator... every game ive chucked at it works, plus they all seem to run at full speed with sound etc. :D

Another good classic footie game for it is 'Kick Off 2'. ;)

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 09:42
Beat me to it baboon

qskint
August 25th, 2006, 19:16
thanks, ive downloaded both the emu and sensible soccer 1.2 and got it to load, however when i get to the language select screen whenever i press a button it seems to freeze and weird colors in the background apear... any idea how to solve this?
thanks