PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Spider 1.04

synopsis76
August 23rd, 2006, 01:56
Spider Solitaire for the PSP

http://www.verner.co.nz/psp/spider.png

Whats New

Update grey theme to make playing at night easier on the eyes.
Fixed odd hang bug.

Installation

If you have a PSP with Firmware 1.0, 1.5 hacked or 2.0 to 2.6 then copy the contents of "firmware 1.0, 1.5 hacked, 2.0 - 2.6" to your PSP\Game folder.

If you have a PSP with Firmware 1.5 then copy the contents of "firmware 1.5 (k-exploit) to your PSP\Game folder.

How To Play

The aim of the game is to get rid of all of the cards.
To get rid of cards you need to get a run from Ace (bottom) to King (Top) of cards in the same suit.
You can move cards between stacks if last card of the stack you are moving to is one higher than the selected card. e.g. Ace goes on 2, 7 on 8, 10 on Jack etc.
You can move individual cards, or groups of cards that are consecutive and the same suit.
You can move cards into empty spaces.
Any card that is face down will be turned over if there are no cards on top of it.
When you run out of useful moves deal a card onto each stack. Note: Unlike many Spider versions you can deal if you have empty spaces.

The Controls

D-Pad
Move the cursor.
Cross + Left/Right
Move cards
Triangle
Deal
Left Trigger
Undo
Right Trigger
Redo
Select
Go to the menu
Start
Save the game

History

Update grey theme to make playing at night easier onthe eyes.
Fixed odd hang bug.

Added eLoader (and 1.0) version (works up to and including 2.6).
Added Quit option for eLoader users.
Added "Game Saved" notification.

Added Undo/Redo
Added Save Game
Fixed bug where a row does not complete if it is completed by a Deal.

Corrected crash when the game finishes so you see a completed screen now.
Prevent you from completing stacks with different suits.

Initial Version

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Gizmo356
August 23rd, 2006, 02:00
awesome must download

SnoopKatt
August 23rd, 2006, 07:50
Glad to hear it's still being worked on :)

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 07:56
sorry if this was answered already, but what is the difference between spider solitaire and regular solitaire? :confused:

dj2005
August 23rd, 2006, 08:21
Looks to be less piles. Both of them look great! Been waiting for an update.

jak66
August 23rd, 2006, 08:23
its easier if you play it and find out the differences than it is to describe them, but it does have major differences in gameplay

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 08:56
ok, thanks jak66, i will do just that :)

mr_nick666
August 23rd, 2006, 09:06
sorry if this was answered already, but what is the difference between spider solitaire and regular solitaire? :confused:

In Solitaire you have to put the cards in sequential piles of alternating colours (i.e: a red 2 on a black 3) down to the ace :) In Spider Solitaire you have to get the cards into their suits (much harder!) - You can lay as in regular Solitaire but the aim is to seperate the cards into thier respective suits :p Hope that makes some kind of sense!! :rolleyes:

Great game! - Its the only computer game my Dad will play! :D

antoine
August 23rd, 2006, 14:04
sweet sone a nice work ;)

Cloud_35
August 23rd, 2006, 22:28
Read my lips:

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY SOLITAIRE

I know you won't give a damn...

But i don't mean to stop you.

Keep it up

supdog14
August 24th, 2006, 03:56
hey im new to the forums... I don't understand the installation instructions, i have a 2.5, can i run this?

synopsis76
August 24th, 2006, 04:57
Yes you can run this by using the GTA eLoader (http://noobz.eu/). Copy the contents of the "firmware 1.0..." folder to yout PSP\Game folder and then you can use the eLoader.

mr_nick666
August 24th, 2006, 08:50
Read my lips:

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY SOLITAIRE

I know you won't give a damn...

But i don't mean to stop you.

Keep it up

In Solitaire you have to put the cards in sequential piles of alternating colours (i.e: a red 2 on a black 3) down to the ace :) In Spider Solitaire you have to get the cards into their suits (much harder!) - You can lay as in regular Solitaire but the aim is to seperate the cards into thier respective suits :p Hope that makes some kind of sense!! :rolleyes:

Ahem :p

colombiancartel
August 24th, 2006, 16:20
Great game. I see one rule breaker in this. When you have a empty column you should not be able to deal the cards. All of the columns must have at least 1 card in order for you to make the deal. If you do not have enough cards to do so you loose the game.

synopsis76
August 24th, 2006, 21:43
I omitted that rule on purpose because it really frustrates me and, in my opinion, doesn't add to the game. The only time you every have empty spaces when you want to deal is near the end of the game, and at that point you would just have to break up a few runs to fill them up, but after you deal it is always easy to put them together again, so it just saves time to not force you to break up your runs.

samcuckow
December 16th, 2006, 14:39
Can anyone help whenever I download this game my PSP says the data is corrupt :confused:

dodgy-brother
January 6th, 2008, 05:20
how do you make it work with a higher updated version psp?