PDA

View Full Version : Sony are listening!

HellsPlumber
August 23rd, 2006, 01:57
We have all been making suggestions about the PSP hoping that sony would stumble upon it and add the stuff we want. But have they been listening?
YEP!:D But not in the way we all hoped :(

Sony's latest creation,Mylo, is known to many as "a PSP without the games feature". But Sony seem to have added all the things we asked for to the Mylo instead of the PSP,exept homebrew of course :rolleyes: . Things we suggested that have been added to Mylo are:
Keyboard
Mult-itasking (listen to music whilst surfng the net)
Instant messengers (Yahoo!messenger ect)
Email
Text editer/reader
File manager

It also has stuff we didnt ask for too that are good ideas.And it has Skype,an internet calling program. This is supposed to be a feature added too a future PSP update.Mylo is also updated like the PSP.Will Sony forget about PSP and concentrate on Mylo?:eek:
Wil any thing we ask for appear on PSP?
I personally think its all a plan to make us buy the Mylo,add stuff we want to get us o buy. Iif the price is low,i may be temped myself :eek:

PS
Theres no mention of Flash yet.

Post thoughts :D

Gizmo356
August 23rd, 2006, 01:59
is this real i hope so.

HellsPlumber
August 23rd, 2006, 02:09
Tis true.Heres the Mylo site:

http://www.learningcenter.sony.us/assets/itpd/mylo/prod/index.html

Gizmo356
August 23rd, 2006, 02:13
awesome

notaforumtroll
August 23rd, 2006, 07:26
This thing looks Iffy, I'm not sure how many units they are going to sell, but i'm perfectly happy with SMS on my cell phone and email, and my psp for gaming and homebrew, i'd rather invest in an entry level laptop from dell if i'm just going to use it to surf the net and listen to mp3s on the go, especially if i'm going to be carrying around more than 2 electronic devices.
soon sony will release the electronic gimzo utility belt alla batman so you can holster your cellphone,ipod,psp,mylo!

THE FANNY PACK WILL MAKE A COME BACK!

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 07:32
this is pretty...um....weird looking, and it could use another name, well i think it should ;)

donne
August 23rd, 2006, 08:05
My Life - Online.. That's sure is interesting.

Hmm.. Again, the chance I'm going online through Wifi connection is very slim, not to mention it's rather pricy for aprx 2 dollars an hour.

But if it's for pure net-surfing and mp3 listening, and with a very good price (say US$ 150) It's better than carrying a 2 kgs of Laptop. And I'll definetely go for US$ 200 if it's with 30gb HDD.

psp411
August 23rd, 2006, 08:08
its around $350 USD. y the hell wud i even consider buying this after i already bought psp. yes it would be a good addition to all of my electronics but y not make psp the BEST handheld portable media player and stop inventing other stupid things sony? now dont get me wrong, if i had the cash, i would def get this cuz it looks soo good but cmon... r u kidding me? psp deserves all these features and then some.... p.s sony wheres the keyboard for psp?

donne
August 23rd, 2006, 08:19
No go for 350 without internal hard-disk. :(

JoshM248
August 23rd, 2006, 11:51
It's Sony for gods sake. Better have your wallets out when you buy most Sony products.

Airdevil
August 23rd, 2006, 11:53
if im honest i think it looks ugly... i will not be buying one because eventually all the things listed can already be done on a psp via homebrew.... if not already.

dont see the point.

MetalMind
August 23rd, 2006, 12:12
If it doesnīt play games, I donīt care :)

I wonder if this will be related to PSP or PSP2 (I wish it doesnīt come in a few years :D).

Juanton3790
August 23rd, 2006, 14:00
already have a psp and a sidekick so no point for me buying it, If the network for it was from a satelite i would consider but y would u buy it i u can only use it at home, if i want to text/im at home I can just use computer, sony should make it so that it can have service anywhere, even if u hae to pay

pokothehobo
August 23rd, 2006, 14:16
you have no idea how pissed off i was when i saw the mylo, and then i found out it didnt even make phone calls. THAT IS THE REASON SONY WONT GIVE US A KEYBOARD they want us to buy the mylo.

antoine
August 23rd, 2006, 14:27
sony is very not good this year they dont work to release a good product they work to make some cash

Basil Zero
August 23rd, 2006, 16:28
not gonna buy it, pretty pointless to have it, its just practically a miniture laptop....lol

goldenmage
August 23rd, 2006, 17:17
I don't tink that Sony will forget the PSP. It has so much potential. And I think that sony wouldn't make us all buy a 350 dollar phone-thing.

end3rbr0
August 23rd, 2006, 18:08
where the hell are you locked up that it costs you 2 dollars an hour to use wifi donne? I can drive down the street and pick up 10 unsecured networks just in my neighborhood, if I drive to the main road I can pick up 30 or so, any starbucks or mcdonalds or burger king or taco bell or hotel or.....I could go on and on, they all have free wifi....hell walk into a best buy and use this proxy server and you can get free wifi there too 168.94.74.68 port 8080 is best buys proxy server, use it at your own risk:

Video_freak
August 23rd, 2006, 18:15
I'm not going to buy a device for $350 for features the PSP (that I already bought) should have had... :(

donne
August 24th, 2006, 00:53
No free wifi connection here.. They mostly go pre-paid -- hell, they over-charged a glass of coffee so it's figured. The 2 dollars is an apprx in US currency. I'm not living in USA. Just a small second-world country.

Err.. how do you find a free 'unsecure area' mind telling me ? :D

edit : oh I remember, there is one free.. But it's about 20km from ma house, but considering those traffic jam..

comicgeek
August 24th, 2006, 09:40
If I were to buy something like this.. I would rather consider a OQO (http://www.oqo.com)