PDA

View Full Version : Mem Stick Question

tuta
August 23rd, 2006, 05:38
I dun get it why my mem stick which is a sandisk pro duo magic gate loses some of its memory?

My stick actually onli consumes 1.8gig but psp says I onli have 32mb left.But When I just backed up my memstick in desktop reformat stick wit psp and put everythin back i have 192 free.

Why is this so and are there any ways to prevent this?(100 megs is alot you know)

M!ckeY
August 23rd, 2006, 07:10
what do you mean by consumes 1.8gigs?
Also, what size memory stick do you have?

jak66
August 23rd, 2006, 08:35
i would guess he has a 2 gig mem stick
everything on it takes up 1.8gig
without anything on it only has 1.92gig

to answer your question some space on the stick is taken up by system files or something like that, no stick actually has the storage it says on it, like how the 32mb ones only have 20mb of space

tuta
August 23rd, 2006, 10:51
no thats not it,it seems that my psp eats up most of my memory first of all my hombrews and emulators onli take up 1.5 gig in total but then the psp says it has onli 100 mb left.

So what I did was back up everythin at my desktop then reformat my stick put everythin back and now my stick says it has 400mb free....

My question is why is this so?And any ways to prevent it from eatin my memory:confused:

razorak
August 23rd, 2006, 14:13
do u have any corrupted files?

i once had a folder full of them that occupied practically no memory but my ms being only 2Gb appeared to be 80GB on the comp...lol

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 03:38
something similar to this happened to me earlier while i was a dumping one of my games. I forgot to make room for the dump, and i had to shut down the psp. I could not find the file that had been created, so i had to format my memory stick, because it said i had only 32Kb left...

kando
August 24th, 2006, 03:54
do u have any corrupted files?

i once had a folder full of them that occupied practically no memory but my ms being only 2Gb appeared to be 80GB on the comp...lol

^^^ this is most likely the case....ms duo's dont seem to be the most stable media ><