PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed libtiff PSP Exploit

siulmagic
August 23rd, 2006, 09:32
ok this a new exploit dono if you guys now of it or if its fake but heres a news copy pasted form another site:

Skylark and psp250, along with a dedicated team of developers & hackers, have been researching the possibility of using the same exploitable libtiff vulnerability initially discovered by NOPx86. This may potentially result in a GTA-less method to execute homebrew on 2.01 or higher, or conceivably open up the homebrew gates for 2.71/2.80; however, that’s yet to be confirmed. Nonetheless, with all the latest developments surrounding 2.0+ FW and TA-082, there’s a good possibility something will become available rather sooner than later

fanjita fact:

Alright, time for a brief update with the facts so far.

This exploit is definitely genuine, and usable.

It’s unclear exactly which firmwares it will be usable on, but so far 2.0 and 2.01 should definitely work. 2.5 and above are significantly harder to research. 2.7+ will take longer still. The signs are that it may go up as far as 2.8, but that’s not proven.

Just to put things into perspective, a combined team has spent at least 60 intensive hours working on researching this so far, and we’re at the point of being able to confirm that it will work.

It will take longer still to convert it into something that is actually in a demonstrable form, such as Hello World.

Credit so far goes to NOPx86 for discovering the vulnerability and proof of concept on the PC, and Skylark and psp250 for researching it on the PSP. I’ve helped a bit too, but those guys have done the bulk of the work.

splodger15
August 23rd, 2006, 12:45
we know this

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 03:21
i've seen like 3 other posts on this subject

tallica
August 24th, 2006, 03:33
yeah seen it before. Cant wait to see what happens!

DPyro
August 24th, 2006, 03:40
I knew this weeks ago :D

kando
August 24th, 2006, 03:44
I knew this weeks ago :D

wow how high up on the grapevine are you ^_^

hehe :D

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 03:44
i'm at the bottom :(, but will soon RISE!!!!:eek:
lol...nvm..