PDA

View Full Version : 14-year-old girl sues friend over missing iPod

wraggster
August 23rd, 2006, 11:44
You gotta love the litigousness of youth -- especially when there's an iPod involved. A spat over a missing iPod resulted in a lawsuit in Wheaton, Illinois, when 14-year-old Shannon Derrik sued her (now former) friend Stephanie Eick for losing her brand new iPod. It seems that Shannon made the fool mistake of lending her iPod to Stephanie, who decided it'd be a good idea to give back the iPod by leaving it on Shannon's desk rather than waiting for her to return from the restroom to hand it over in person. The iPod managed to disappear -- apparently someone in that classroom had some sticky fingers -- and so Shannon sued for $475 in damages and court fees (she says she did a LOT of babysitting to pay for that iPod). The case was initially tossed because of an improper filing, but it looks like the two girls will finally square off in court in about a month (the word on the street is that they're gearing up for a serious showdown in the cafeteria when school starts up again).

NoQuarter
August 23rd, 2006, 11:48
Heavy man,poor kids.That's an expensive gadget to lose.Personally I feel like the kid who borrowed it should be responsible,but is it really necessary to take your friends to court?
The kid who lost it parents should foot the bill.

ACID
August 23rd, 2006, 12:30
I think it is necesary to take her to court only if she refused to pay for it witch probably is the case. But also you know the parents are the ones that will have to pay for it any ways.

NoQuarter
August 23rd, 2006, 12:38
True,it is the parents who will pay.
I had something similar happen with one of my many ps2's I've owned.I went to work oneday and left it over a friends house,so they could play while I was at work.Well a disk got stuck in it,so my group of friends decided to open it.Unfortunetly for me they didn't know about the silver band to the power button and snapped it.The guy who actually opened it offered to buy me a brand new one!Good friend!

ACID
August 23rd, 2006, 12:40
Indeed he is. Lucky for you it wasent hard modded. Because then i would have been furious

NoQuarter
August 23rd, 2006, 12:44
No doubt bro!I probably would have flipped if it was modded.Of course this guy was so nice he probably would have payed for that too.Damn, I miss that guy!
It's good to have friends who have a sense of moral responsibility.

Shilo
August 23rd, 2006, 22:23
That is why I don't let no one at my school borow anything, unless I know that I can trust them.

Video_freak
August 23rd, 2006, 23:54
I don't lend expensive things. Especially to retarted people, like the girl who left it in the desk. :rolleyes:

Gizmo356
August 24th, 2006, 00:07
i dont even let my bro look at my psp