PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Blue 2 Washes Onto DS

wraggster
August 23rd, 2006, 16:16
Via IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/727/727484p1.html)

Konami has revealed that a sequel to last year's Lost in Blue is set to wash up on DS early next year.

Following the same structure as the original game, Lost in Blue 2 sees players controlling a male protagonist who finds himself stranded on an apparently deserted island. Along with a female friend, the pair must work together in order to discover a means of escaping their sun-drenched prison.

As before, players must search for wood and other objects to fashion weapons and feed themselves, fending off dehydration and starvation so as to explore the island's mountainous terrain. However, the sequel will apparently use the DS's touchscreen more extensively this time around. Konami states that the stylus is now invaluable for carpentry, wicker work, cooking food that would normally make the protagonists ill and skin diving.

Other new features include substantially different attributes for the two main leads - the male character is better at climbing, fighting and recovering energy, while the female can hold her breath under water for longer periods of time, is more accurate with a bow and more adept at locating ingredients for those all-important meals. Furthermore, the island now sports an unpredictable climate, meaning players will be exposed to hurricanes and earthquakes throughout their adventures.

Lost in Blue 2 is set for release on DS in early 2007.

SLy CaT
August 23rd, 2006, 20:39
oh man.. i found lost in blue 1 was difficult enough U_U i still havent finished it because i cant figure out what i need to do next =\

dkjr83
August 24th, 2006, 03:56
Excellent. I can't wait! The first is still one of my favorite DS games.