PDA

View Full Version : neo4all_aes (Edited)

evildeaddc
August 23rd, 2006, 20:31
Seems like no one knows how to fix the neo4all_aes win32 problem.:confused: Never mind that, any how i finally got the test iso to burn correctly, but to my disavantage i could only test it in the dreamcast.:( the emulator will not get past the dreamcast logo, sad for me. If any of you actually find out the problem with the windows version of neo4all/aes please post it. I would thank you alot, I really need it.:)

thanks

Christuserloeser
August 26th, 2006, 16:54
Hm, for me the Windows version works. What Windows version are you using ? I am on XP Pro.

evildeaddc
August 30th, 2006, 00:47
odd? see i have xp home edition, somewhat related to xp pro i guess. Look the emulator loads, i can hear the sound " the background music" yet it doesnt show any graphics but a white background.

Maybe im missin something that you might have or maybe some .dll file in my system 32 folder.

Thanks

chui
August 30th, 2006, 07:49
I have xp home and no problem.

Do you have any problem with directX or openGL?

NEO4ALL uses a static linked SDL that depends of directX and openGL (standard dinamic linked).

Try to run a openGL program, like TuxRacer (http://tuxracer.sourceforge.net)

evildeaddc
August 31st, 2006, 01:08
Hmm no, it doesnt seem to be that.

I downloaded tuxracer to try it out, to see if it was what you said it might be. And it ran like a charm nothing wrong with the game or any freezes or bad gfx, or loadings. I dont know it might be something else that my computer might have wrong.

Never mind that I'll try it the old fashion way, by burning them into a disc and trying it on my dreamcast. I guess that if i follow instructions letter by letter on the guide/faq i might get it right.:) No big deal..:D

Thanks for your help..:)

NOTE: tuxracer was win32

A$h X
August 31st, 2006, 21:17
First off, good work to Chui and all involved with AES/NEO4all. Now on to my problem :(
I too am suffering the same problem as evildeaddc; Neo4all-aes for windows comes up with a white window, while the music plays in the background. Not sure what the problem is, tried it on my brother's pc, same thing. Any ideas ppl?

Christuserloeser
August 31st, 2006, 21:43
Do you guys have the /NEO4ALL/ subfolder with all the original files in the same folder as your .EXE ?

A$h X
September 1st, 2006, 20:30
Could someone post up the minimum specs you need to run windows Neo4all/aes? Just wanna see if my crappy system is even capable of running the thing.

Shoometsu
September 1st, 2006, 22:35
the best way to know it is download and run it. the win32 version is heavy because there's no optimizatiuons in the code, the emu was concepted to work with sh4 cpus, not x86. the only reason to exist a win32 version is to test the converted romsets before burn them onto cds. my cpu: a64 3200+, winxp pro sp2, 1024mb ddr400, radeon 9800xt 256/256. the win32 runs wwith a lot of frameskips yet, but helps a lot to test the converted roms...