PDA

View Full Version : Broussard spent $20-30m of own cash on Duke Nukem Forever

wraggster
October 7th, 2010, 20:16
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has provided some insight into how much former Duke Nukem Forever developer 3D Realms may have spent on the long-delayed game.

3D Realms collapsed in May last year, having spent over a decade apparently developing the shooter sequel. Gearbox announced last month that it would finish development on the project, for release next year.

"George [Broussard] is not a poor man," said Pitchford to CVG of the 3D Realms co-founder, also his long-term friend and former colleague, "but I would estimate that he lost 20 to 30 million dollars of his own money on Duke Nukem Forever.

"I don't care who you are, that's a hell of a lot of money. He was committed to Duke to the point of insanity. He decided he would rather have it burn that have a bad version of the game come out."

Pitchford also revealed that Broussard referred to 3D Realms' closure as "the worst day of my life."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-10-07-gearbox-broussard-spent-USD20-30m-of-own-cash-on-duke-nukem-forever