PDA

View Full Version : Contact Hands-On

wraggster
August 24th, 2006, 01:36
Heres an excerpt

We've been reading it on the boards, hearing it in the chat-rooms, and sifting through it in our emails. It seems to be the question of the month for DS readers, and we felt bad for holding out for oh so long. "Dear IGN. What's the deal with Contact? I don't get what's going on! I hear it's like Earthbound. Explain or I'll hate you!" Well, after many a long night with the game and numerous emails with the developers, we've finally got an answer for you all. What is Contact? You may hate us, but it's really something you'll have to play to truly understand.

Sure it sounds like a bit of a cop-out answer, but take one look at the screens and video and you'll start to see why we've taken that stance on the game after a few hours of play. At the most purest form of the game, Contact is an action RPG that works with two different art styles to depict two separate worlds. In fact, the main character that you play is no other than… yourself. In a style all its own, Contact puts you as the player into a unique position. The bottom line is that the world needs saving, and there's an individual that's been selected for the job. You think that's you, right? Well, it isn't. Instead, you're the link between the worlds, acting as a correspondent between the top screen and bottom screen. You interact with each world, and you do so as yourself. Confused yet? Good.

Full article (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/727/727252p1.html)