PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Origins Hands-on

wraggster
August 24th, 2006, 01:58
Heres an excerpt

Konami today revealed a playable version of its upcoming PSP horror, Silent Hill Origins, which marked the first time the title was available for firsthand impressions since debuting at E3. The game looked absolutely dazzling too, wowing us with a visual presentation that most PS2 software still hasn't achieved. In fact, Silent Hill Origins' graphical detail is so well-crafted that even the most subtle things -- things you'll probably never even see through the darkness -- have been rendered in some fashion or another (down to the individual cracks in the walls) and the signature Silent Hill fog looks appropriately ominous and realistic.

Played from the RE4 perspective and heavier on action compared to previous iterations, Origins is still a Silent Hill game in every sense of the word. That means that yes, the storyline still takes center stage and figuring out how to get the hell out of Dodge without losing your soul is still the primary goal. In the build we demoed, however, it was the town itself that Konami wanted to focus on. A good 30% of the environments here have been recreated from the original's PlayStation One days and the artists have done a good job of making it feel both familiar and new at the same time.

Full article (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/727/727752p1.html)

BrooksyX
August 24th, 2006, 02:05
I saw the video from youtube, it looked pretty good.
I have been looking forward to this game for a while so I cant wait for the release.

crypysmoker
August 24th, 2006, 02:07
Im gonna cry lol. It looks just... To good.

Considering that this seems to be the next stepp in Sony seeing what the psp can really do.

Im just worried about Load times.

I cant imagine waiting 3 min for the game to load just because everythign int he game is redered on the spot... but it will still be worth it

Cloud_35
August 24th, 2006, 03:52
Heh, we needed something to drop the psp in a scare...

or to piss in the pants

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 04:00
i think i'm going to crap myself if i play this game :eek:

ACID
August 24th, 2006, 10:32
Like i said before i will upgrade for this if not playable with devhook. Love the series.

M!ckeY
August 24th, 2006, 10:47
Like i said before i will upgrade for this if not playable with devhook. Love the series.
what will you do once you beat the game, and your stuck wth an updated psp?

The_Ultimate_Eggman
August 24th, 2006, 10:58
Man cant wait for this !! about time we got some "A" list games.Instead of the crap they have been churning out.just hope we dont need to update fw lol.and if we do we need it decrypting and quick lmao :)

mr_nick666
August 24th, 2006, 12:37
i think i'm going to crap myself if i play this game :eek:

I was in my early 20s when I got the first game on the PS and the damn game still made me jump! :p Looks like it should be a good release :)

QueadlunnRau
August 24th, 2006, 14:44
Looking forward to the game ... although it looks kinda dark ... gonna need to hide in the closet at work when I play.