PDA

View Full Version : PSP MP3 Playback Problems

Knox
January 10th, 2005, 13:50
When I try and playback an MP3, the timer/counter gets to anywhere between 00:00 and 00:02 and then stops. No sound is heard from the speakers and playback appears to be hung. The attempted playback cannot be stopped and as the PSP has the file open it cannot be deleted without a full reboot.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Are there any particular bitrates , filenames etc. I need to use.

Thanks

Knox

Knox
January 13th, 2005, 02:00
A quick update for anyone interested:

I've now established that my PSP cannot play either MP3 audio or MPEG4 movies. After copying movies known to work on an other PSP to my memory card, I'm now sure this is not an issue with the files or the way they were encoded etc.

As I see it, the next thing to try is a different Memory Stick DUO, which I'll do when mate's PSP arrives. (Wireless Lumines battles, can't wait!) After that, the only thing I can think of that might sort it is a flash of the firmware when an update is released?

Zaneblade
January 13th, 2005, 15:22
man that sounds crap!! have you heard any other reports on other people with this problem because if it happenes alot i would rather no!

Knox
January 17th, 2005, 08:31
No, I don't know of anyone else affected by this problem.

I've now managed to test another memory card with known good MP3's on (I.E. works in another PSP) and it still doesn't work :( I'm a bit concerned now as I imagine this can only be a firmware or hardware issue.

If anyone hears of anyone else with similar problems please point them in my direction, I'd be keen to share notes.

jf19
January 29th, 2005, 19:50
I have problems with atrac3plus tracks and mp4 vids they jst dont seem to work wots wrong ???

Knox
January 30th, 2005, 17:03
Dunno, still got the problem. As I said, I've tried a different memory stick from another PSP with videos that I know should work, but no luck on my PSP. The last real hope I have is a firmware update which I'm hoping will come out when the PSP is released to western terratories.

Do I take it from your post that you can play MP3s?

jf19
February 1st, 2005, 17:51
yeah mp3s but not atrac3 plus files as you say i hope a official firmware update comes out
???

Bojackr1
February 2nd, 2005, 03:02
I have not had any problems playing MP3's or Videos. Iuse itunes to convert and download music to my PSP. And I use Image Conveter 2 to convert and download videos. What R U using to tranfer files to ur PSP?

mypsp
February 2nd, 2005, 09:26
i been wondering same thing, if we can flash our PSPs with a western firmware

jf19
February 2nd, 2005, 21:34
ive been using itunes and image converter 2 as well jst dont know wot the problem is ???

justin121
February 4th, 2005, 03:09
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=PSP;action=display;num=1107486185;st art=0

Knox
February 4th, 2005, 16:54
As I mentioned earlier, there's no problem with the files I've converted. I have tried videos from another PSP that I _know_ should work OK. This is definately an issue with this PSP.

PSPMovieMaker
February 5th, 2005, 18:22
hey people format THE MEMORY CARD FIRST b4 u put files on it and as for videos they must go into a folder that u have to make your self

jf19
February 7th, 2005, 17:52
I have formatted my memory card still don't work and as for the folders u make a folder called MP_ROOT then make a folder in there called 100MNV01 and it still dont work ??? ??? ???

Knox
February 8th, 2005, 08:05
Just to be clear PSPMovieMaker, I have tried using a memory card containing movies and audio which I know works on another PSP. Therefore, this is not an issue with the memory card, format, file/folder names, etc, it has to be an issue specific to my PSP.

rick.ryder
February 9th, 2005, 01:46
have you tried another persons allready downloaded memory stick? i'm wondering if your usb cable is not version 2 and corrupting the high speed data exchange

Rick Ryder

oh did i mention i have cables and software for £4.99 ($10)
www.pspone.co.uk ?

Knox
February 10th, 2005, 07:56
Yeah, nice try rick.... If you read my last post, it clearly states that I have tried a memory card which works on another PSP.

Knox
March 24th, 2005, 19:18
Well.... I've been waiting more eagerly than most for a firmware update to be released, hoping that this would finally sort out my PSP which still refuses to play _any_ audio or video files....

Alas, my wait has been fruitless, and I still have a half crippled system. The update has not improved my situation whatsoever, attempting to play any media still locks up the unit, and needs a hard reset to recover.

Oh well, the search for an answer continues....

wrazz
March 24th, 2005, 19:38
scuse me--?
whats a hard reset on the psp??????
sorry to hear about your probs----must have a rogue machine--
maybe its 1 in a million???
how many they sold now???/
how many have probs????
who knows??/