PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) Latest Screenshots

wraggster
August 24th, 2006, 14:30
Combine mysterious islands, cel-shaded loveliness and stylus-operated adventuring, and what do you get - why, the DS's gorgeous looking Legend of Zelda title, Phantom Hourglass, that's what!

These four new screenshots have just ghosted in from the Leipzig Games Covention, and are a fine showcase of the game's refreshing 'cartoon' look, and top-down style. The action follows on from the events of Wind Waker, and is powered by an almost exclusive control of the stylus.

Tapping the playing area makes Link move, making sweeping motions swings his sword, and drawing a path for his boomerang makes it easier to down those tricky-to-reach targets. And it even works on the map too, enabling you to scribble down important notes and chart ship courses through that hazardous fog.

With two-player WiFi gaming added into the bargain, this cel-shaded, stylus-happy Zelda outing should prove a bit of a success on the ol' DS. But of course, that's just our hunch. You can drool over these screens before the game hits its expected release date of Q4 this year.

check them out Via Comments

iball
August 24th, 2006, 14:54
Holy crap that game looks so badass!

wraggster
August 24th, 2006, 15:15
reminds me of Zelda 3 the best Zelda game ever :)

tisti
August 24th, 2006, 17:02
That map drawing is the best feature I've ever seen in a game. Totaly badass, as it adds way to much to the fun :D

stepppp
August 24th, 2006, 18:25
This game is going to be the nuts!

ACID
August 24th, 2006, 18:27
Man this lookes so friking sweet. Reminds me of the windwalker.

CampaKaze
August 24th, 2006, 18:47
Let me just say 1 thing:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

Okay thats about it, Cya L8r

iball
August 24th, 2006, 19:14
Being able to make notes on the map itself is a damn good thing.
Now you can remember where you left stuff or important areas.

Ani-Monster
August 24th, 2006, 19:19
phrickin cell shading

i much woulda prefered a n64 type Zelda

The Hombrew Hunter
August 24th, 2006, 19:43
I would have preferred a set of N64 remakes, them being Majora's Mask, OoT, and SSB.

We should maaaaail nintendo. Like it would do shit.

I hope there's pad/button control.

gamerremag
August 25th, 2006, 20:10
i checked ign and i was hoping i missed something. is there gunna be wifi connection for this? they had it on the four sword adventure thing, which was badass by the way. that would be awesome if they did.