PDA

View Full Version : Connecting the dreamcast with BT Broadband without the BBA?

Cooleo
August 24th, 2006, 16:39
Can someone tell me how to connect my Dreamcast to BT broadband (I know it wont be broadband speed) with the Dial Up adapter?

Xiaopang
August 24th, 2006, 17:34
here you can find a tutorial on how to connect the dc to lan with the modem. may be this helps.

http://www.consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/

Cooleo
August 25th, 2006, 09:26
I dont have a PC near my DC and cant get one there either, i just need to know how to set it up

ßüboni¢ $oñic
August 27th, 2006, 09:58
wtf is "BT BROADBAND" anyway? it seems like its just the pc-dc modem info u gave him but maybe that was a mistake? have u considered a Phone modem to USB converter and then setting up a USB server on ur comp? it would probally be at 56k not 33k.

Runefox
August 27th, 2006, 11:42
Er, the USB 'converter' for a phone line is actually a USB modem, so it's exactly the same procedure as the PC-DC connection.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
August 28th, 2006, 07:06
im not sure about that but i know all the OSs from Win support the USB network and its got better speed then 33k so i think its better. no happenstance-tech needed..

Runefox
August 28th, 2006, 19:45
Bubonic: No, when you plug that USB modem up to a Windows machine, it's not a USB connection, it's a modem. It works just like a modem inside your computer, complete with dialing, waiting for connections, and so on. It *is* by its very nature a PC-DC connection and nothing more.

Not only that, but the Dreamcast's 56k modem waits for a dialtone and dials a number before assuming an internet connection. This is the main reason why the PC-DC connection is difficult to get working, and the main reason why this won't work any differently.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 1st, 2006, 06:24
then maybe software needs to be done to fix the computers? atleast with the USB modem the problem is isolated, top speed, and u can set usb network settings..

Runefox
September 1st, 2006, 19:42
I *guess* it's possible to code specific software for the task, but.. Well, do you want to do that? :P