PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy game gets original voices

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 06:42
As part of its commitment to make "freakin' sweet" games based on the resurgent animated series Family Guy, 2K Games today announced the voice cast of the cel-shaded adventure game. Fortunately for fans of the controversial TV show, they're pretty much the same actors which play the dysfunctional New England clan on the show.

As he does on television, series creator Seth MacFarlane will provide voices for the portly patriarch Peter Griffin, his megalomaniacal son Stewie, and Brian, the family dog. While that covers the game's three playable characters, the rest of the Family Guy cast will fill out the game's supporting cast. Adam West will portray himself as the insane mayor of Quahog, Seth Green plays Chris Griffin, Mila Kunis is Meg Griffin, and Alex Borstein once again provides a voice for Lois Griffin.

Family Guy is expected to ship later this year for current-generation consoles. It is currently under development at High Voltage Games. No stranger to crude and tasteless humor, High Voltage developed Vivendi's most recent Leisure Suit Larry effort, the collegiate adventure Magna Cum Laude.

Via GS (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6156482.html)

Shilo
August 25th, 2006, 06:50
I can't wait for this game! It's gona be freakin sweet :D

mat_dizzy
August 25th, 2006, 09:08
sweet!!

so that will be

xbox 360

nintendo wii

ps3

psp?

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 09:41
Not to crazy about the toons let alone a game.

mat_dizzy
August 25th, 2006, 10:15
thinking about it, just cause the toon is good dont mean the game will be!

just like the simpsons games, some were ok but some were bad!

we will have to see :p

Hungry Horace
August 25th, 2006, 11:02
ah bit did you ever play the Futurama game?

it was like the new PacMan 3d game things only much much better for some reason.

not sure i'd want the Family Guy game being identical to that, but it's proof cartoon game-conversions can work, and well.

personally i love Family Guy, and Futurama, South Park and the restl.... imho cartoons such as that are the only good telly America makes (that and overly-slick dramas i dont have time to watch)

Kramer
August 25th, 2006, 11:35
hopefully this one doesnt turn out like spongebob though.

QueadlunnRau
August 25th, 2006, 13:53
oooooooh mang just thinking about Meg's voice (Mila Kunis) just makes me salivate ... She is such a hottie ... (Mila Kunis not Meg of coz!)

Hungry Horace
August 25th, 2006, 17:28
you're definately right there!! hmmm... mila is yummy.

OT @ mat_dizzy : just seen your sig., recognised the rado station, and discovered one of your DJ's is someone i speak to on MSN every once in a while! (Nath) - he's a nice guy!

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 18:05
thinking about it, just cause the toon is good dont mean the game will be!

just like the simpsons games, some were ok but some were bad!

we will have to see :p
Simpsons Hit and Run all the way! :D
We'll have to see if it's good. Check the reviews on this site and also on Gamespot when it comes out.

Raekwik11
August 25th, 2006, 20:36
if wouldn't be the same if they didn't voice act.

andrew24
August 25th, 2006, 21:08
that will b cool
________
Eleanor (1973 Mustang) (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Eleanor_(1973_Ford_Mustang))