PDA

View Full Version : Should Sony Team With Google On a PlayStation Phone?

wraggster
October 12th, 2010, 15:54
The PSP2 is already in the hands of developers, but will Sony take the right direction in the portable sector? Following a recent op-ed on fixing the PSP business, leading game industry analysts came to the consensus that the best avenue for Sony to take is to offer a PlayStation Phone, and a strong partner like Google would do just the trick. 'Sony has the opportunity to redefine the portable games category. I think the best move would be to get out in front of Microsoft's inevitable Xbox LIVE Arcade Mobile and take on the App Store and carrier deck portals. ... They could put out a proper PlayStation Phone (and a PlayStation Pad) but these should compete with smartphones and tablets, not dedicated gaming devices. To do this quickly, Sony could partner with Google and take advantage of Android's considerable momentum,' said Billy Pidgeon of M2 Research

http://games.slashdot.org/story/10/10/11/2347255/Should-Sony-Team-With-Google-On-a-PlayStation-Phone

Fonixx
October 12th, 2010, 23:51
You mean Sony actually offering a device with some decent up to date services that people actually want? Well if the rumours are true then Hell's got some temperature issues to deal with.

bobwarner01
October 13th, 2010, 07:23
It may be rumors but if it happens that will be more beneficial for the games & gadgets lovers. I personally feels for their company's benefit & game lovers this will be a great deal.

Da_ALC
October 13th, 2010, 11:00
Haaah!

As I have said to 2 dif reports of this same topc on dif sites, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Google's motto: Don't be evil.
Sony's motto: Screw everything in existance.

WILL. NEVER. HAPEN.

Honestly how people come up with these rediculous ideas I dont know. Utter bollock. :rofl: