PDA

View Full Version : Keepin' it real fake: ultimate PSP extravaganza edition

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 14:19
Via Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/25/keepin-it-real-fake-ultimate-psp-extravaganza-edition/)

Sure, we've seen plenty of PSP fakes in our time, but we can't say we've ever seen this many fakeries in one convenient place before. So if you were on the lookout for a PSP look-alike with, say, an SD card slot, or a bundled NES emulator, check out the many Via the Comments

More info (http://www.alibaba.com/)

QueadlunnRau
August 25th, 2006, 14:25
Wow even the fake ones can implement a built in Camera and mic, heck the speakers on half of those are prolly even louder then the PSP's ... YOU HEAR THAT SONY, EVEN FAKE PSP'S HAVE MORE STUFF BUILT IN!!!

Baboon
August 25th, 2006, 14:29
Some of the fakesters even have better designed d-pads to the PSP!

...I think i'll stick to my 1.5 though! lol :)

Malksta
August 25th, 2006, 14:36
I want them all :eek:

brainpan
August 25th, 2006, 15:08
Hmmm, only a couple of those resembled a PSP enough to warrant calling them "PSP fakes". A few actually looked more like Wonderswan's and a few more had their own freaktastic style.

mastersho
August 25th, 2006, 15:11
they all look nice but ill take my psp thanx

aries2k4
August 25th, 2006, 15:33
Lol. wonder if those are screens of actual games playing. That last one seems like it has decent graphics. Is that Rome Total War on one in the middle?

crypysmoker
August 25th, 2006, 15:57
Lol. wonder if those are screens of actual games playing. That last one seems like it has decent graphics. Is that Rome Total War on one in the middle?

you cant seriously think that these things would play that game..... its called photoshop, none of the game pics are real

jinqui242
August 25th, 2006, 16:10
The first and last ones look "funky fresh," mostly because their screens are nice and big.

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 16:12
Wow the world of imitation.

aries2k4
August 25th, 2006, 16:18
you cant seriously think that these things would play that game..... its called photoshop, none of the game pics are real

Lol, ya I know. Thought it was funny though because it would have to be carrying some pretty good hardware.
For Rome Total War I guess it will have to be the Origami(think thats what its called anyway);)

Edit.
since Iīve never actually seen a gpx2, I wasnīt sure if that was any of the ones in the picture. thatīs supposed to be a powerful little gadget.
But your right, since the article is about cheap fakes, that probably wouldnīt be here.

Basil Zero
August 25th, 2006, 16:38
seems like sony's psp design idea is quite popular among fakers. lol

razorak
August 25th, 2006, 16:50
wow...wad a wide variety...lol
that last one doesn't look too bad...if only it had a real built in camera...or does it? lol

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:06
The only thing I'd really want for the PSP is freakin SD card slot! But Sony is to cheap for that. :mad:
And no, I'm not going to buy that huge adapter that sticks out of your PSP. :p

BrooksyX
August 25th, 2006, 17:16
I feel bad for all the little kids in the world that are going to get one of these on christmas because their parents will probably think that they are getting the same thing at a great price.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 25th, 2006, 17:27
lol, finally something sony is good at, degisn!!!!

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:36
lol, finally something sony is good at, degisn!!!!
Just make sure you don't look at the PSP sideways, kinda looks like a pad. :o

titch.ryan
August 25th, 2006, 17:43
i want that one and that one and that one.

oops sony's all ready stolen all mine!

luis_05
August 25th, 2006, 17:45
Wow the world of imitation.

well welcome to it buddy, cuz half of the world now buys imitation

psp411
August 25th, 2006, 18:59
LOLOL!!! WOW!!! never thought id c this lol.built in camera's?!?!!? where can i get one... im willing to trade my 1.5 psp.........................................NOT!! cheapass immitations. its funny tho... they have more built-in features than psp. oh well... id take the etop and the bottom one for the record:D

Nafogel
August 25th, 2006, 19:15
hmm... I wonder what kind of gaming capabilites these things actually have. They would probably be very easy to hack, but then again it probably wouldnt be worth the effort, considering they probably have very little processing power...

Illegal Machine
August 25th, 2006, 19:47
just take a moment to imagine some poor kid that wants a PSP and gets one of these knockoff POS units instead.

and people wonder why someone climbs to the top of an observatory with a high powered sniper rifle from time to time....

The_It
August 25th, 2006, 20:05
psp fakes? half of those don't even look like a psp!