PDA

View Full Version : Play your Nintendo DS on your TV

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 15:46
Via Siliconera (http://www.siliconera.com/2006/08/24/play-your-nintendo-ds-on-your-tv/)

First the PSP got handheld to TV adapters and now a nearly a year later the DS is getting them too. There are currently two different DS to TV adapters in the works. The first requires players to open up their DS and hardwire the adaptor into the console. Once installation is complete the DS can be plugged into a TV via RCA cables and both screens will be on the TV. The second adaptor is basically a camera with mirrors that straps to the top DS screen. It requires no installation, but it only enlarges the top screen. If you really want to play your DS games on the big screen forget the external adapter. It’s nearly useless since it only displays one screen and it makes the DS heavier. The internal adapter looks like it has decent quality from the single picture below, but do gamers really want to open up their DSes just to play Metroid Prime Hunters on a larger display?

Screens Via Comments

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 15:47
the option that requires you to open the console sounds and looks best

kcajblue
August 25th, 2006, 16:09
the option that requires you to open the console sounds and looks best

yeah. i dont want to have to strap a huge camera on my ds lite.:)

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 16:10
Yeah that thing looks like its eating the nds.

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 16:18
the psp version that does the same is as bad too :)

iball
August 25th, 2006, 16:22
Yes, but does the internal one make the DS any bigger?
Looks like it from the pic.

scorpei
August 25th, 2006, 16:25
Still, buying a broken phat DS (with broken (top) screen(s)) and modding it sounds like a very cool thought :P.

Jockel
August 25th, 2006, 16:59
first one is a mockup...

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:02
Yeah that thing looks like its eating the nds.
lmao! :D
I would go for the internal one, but since I don't really care about playing my DS on my TV, I'll just stick to playing it in my hands. ;)

Vegetable
August 25th, 2006, 17:49
Kick ass. Can't wait until this thing comes out.

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:53
Kick ass. Can't wait until this thing comes out.
Which one would you get?

ACID
August 25th, 2006, 17:55
I will get nether. I always say hand held for the hands and the go. And councils for the TV

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 17:56
Exactly! It's a PORTABLE! If I really wanted to play portable games on my TV, I would get emulators. :D

gamerremag
August 25th, 2006, 19:30
but you cant get a good ds emulator for the pc. :(.
oh, does the internal one effect the gameplay on the ds when your not tv gaming?

jojotjuh
August 25th, 2006, 21:55
i think.. look at the thing.. its huge!

if it was a bigger ram including harddisk and a new firmware to support loading homebrew from it and a usb cable port and stuff i might have accepted the size...
but it looks ugly man!

kcajblue
August 25th, 2006, 22:08
i think.. look at the thing.. its huge!

if it was a bigger ram including harddisk and a new firmware to support loading homebrew from it and a usb cable port and stuff i might have accepted the size...
but it looks ugly man!

i completely agree.:D

chemical
August 25th, 2006, 22:18
Why.......

=-/

Laichzeit
August 26th, 2006, 06:03
Wow, a strap-on for the DS.

That's just sad...

Hopefully the Wii will be able to stream this sort of thing from the DS

Vegetable
August 26th, 2006, 07:09
Which one would you get?
The first one, most likely. If it has the ability to display only one screen at a time, and allows the DS not to have some big thing having off the back while playing portable, It's a certainty that I'll be buying it.

Sweater Fish Deluxe
August 27th, 2006, 00:33
Yeah, the internal one would be nice if it had the option for just displaying the top screen fullscreen instead of both, which doesn't seem necessary. It'd have to not make the system too large, though. The old GBA-to-TV adapters just added an extra port that the box that did the converting could be plugged into, that way when you wanted to use the system portably it didn't look or feel any different from normal. Hopefully this one will be like that.

I don't get this portable systems aren't supposed to be played on a TV stuff people are saying. Are portable games suddenly not as fun if you're viewing them on a TV? It's the same game, how does it matter what screen you're looking at it on? In any case, having the option to play the games on a TV is great because it's just that, an option, you can still play the system portably *OR* you can play it on a TV. Personally, I think all portable systems should be designed with TV out in mind. That feature was really the main thing that made my decision between a DS and a GP2X difficult. I eventually settled on the DS, but if I could have TV anyway throgh one of these adapters, I'd never look back.

...word is bondage...

TheLamer
August 27th, 2006, 23:55
Can anyone get a hold of the installation manual for this thing??