PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor combats PSJailbreak

wraggster
October 13th, 2010, 14:36
Sony has reportedly nullified the threat of PSJailbreak in its current form by locking new PS3 game code to the console's 3.42 firmware.

While recent releases like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Enslaved are still vulnerable to the USB-based hack, Digital Foundry suggests new PS3 games - beginning with this week's Medal of Honor - are not.

The site reports that the recent PS3 firmware release 'appears to include an all-new decryption key not present in earlier versions'.

It adds: 'Medal of Honor and all titles going forward are encrypted with the new key, meaning that the Jailbreak in its current form has been effectively nullified: the existing firmware it's based on simply can't read the code.'

It's good news for Sony ahead of major holiday season releases like Gran Turismo 5 and Call of Duty: Black Ops, although we wouldn't bet against the hackers fighting back in the near future. They're nothing if not persistent.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=269509?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS

Fonixx
October 13th, 2010, 16:15
Don't you just love that word nullified? It's like a bugle calling the hacking troops to go into action.

mike_jmg
October 13th, 2010, 20:57
Lol

jamotto
October 14th, 2010, 02:09
So they will go the PSP route and release firmware updates on nearly monthly basis.

Fonixx
October 14th, 2010, 17:39
So they will go the PSP route and release firmware updates on nearly monthly basis.

I bet i can build a house with the bricks that's gonna cause.

jamotto
October 15th, 2010, 05:58
I bet i can build a house with the bricks that's gonna cause.

I guess it depends if any of these crackers can get PSJailbreak working on anything other than 3.41.