PDA

View Full Version : LGC 2006: Nintendo Wants You to Learn English

wraggster
August 25th, 2006, 21:41
Via 1up (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153071)

Continuing their desire to educate the people, Nintendo announced its plan to release a game that will enrich intellects a little bit further. At the Leipzig Game Convention Nintendo announced a game that will teach gamers the English language. However, Nintendo maintained that the DS was not going to turn into an education platform.
Considering we're in Germany, the game as it was demonstrated was called "English Training" and involved teaching gamers how to write in the English language. No word on whether or not other versions of this game are planned for different regions. Could we see a "Learn German" or a "Learn Japanese" in the North American market? It's not outside of the realm of possibilities, but nothing has been announced yet.English Training is due Oct. 13 in Germany.

Video_freak
August 25th, 2006, 21:42
I speak English and French fluently already! :D

cloud_952
August 26th, 2006, 01:06
o_O Does no one remember that this came out in Japan months ago? It's English Training.. I've already played it.

Öhr
August 26th, 2006, 03:14
i need a latin trainer...

Payk
August 28th, 2006, 08:26
Hehe that English trainer is made for me :)
I was at the GC in Leipzig...The Wii was playable.
And i get some goodys too.
http://payk2005.pa.funpic.de/wii1.JPG
I have to say: Red Steel realy rules. After some minuts it was realy cool to play! Much better then Lightguns, Dualsticks and even better then a mouse!

Solitude
August 28th, 2006, 09:47
Wow, those are really nice gimmicks, I would even pay for some of those if sold in stores. What is this place, like some game convention similar to Pax or E3?

ACID
August 28th, 2006, 10:29
I want a japanese trainer.

Payk
August 28th, 2006, 19:38
The place...Leipzig is in east-germany...was a long way to there. The Games Convention is a nice mix between presenting games/consoles and to have business. Its somekind like E3. But i hv heard that E3 wont take place in the way before again. That means LGC is now the biggest event for presentating games in the world. It takes place in "Leipziger Messehallen". I was impressed of that building...
http://www.falconcrest.com/images/leipmes1.jpg

The Wii wasnt playable for everyone. Just for those who have a business-card. There is a business-center to make meetings and watch out for games which should be published next. I hv heard PS3 was playable there too...cant confirm that (not interested) But the Wii was awesome. It was a nice experiance and i am pretty shure that this way of interacting with virtual reality will be often seen in future. They also showed some alternatives to the regular nonchuck...A controler with dualsticks for example...or a lightgun-like-chuck. The way of playing the console feels very egonomic. A very good interface.

iball
August 28th, 2006, 21:38
I was going to go to Leipzig but was blindsided by an ex-stripper.
So it was either video games or sex. I'm no fool.

Payk
August 29th, 2006, 07:45
Nice choice....we are all just human beings ;)

CampaKaze
August 29th, 2006, 15:05
Je Ne Comprend Pas??!!?!?