PDA

View Full Version : Watch or Cellphone: Which Do You Use To Tell The time?

wraggster
August 26th, 2006, 10:07
Reuters has a piece on the seemingly more common practice of using a cellphone instead of a watch to tell the time. The thought process is, you have to carry your cellphone anyway, and it tells time, so why carry an extra phone?

The proliferation of cell phones, with their list of extra features, has had the knock-on effect of eliminating the need to wear a wristwatch unless it is to make a fashion statement.
Personally I still think a watch is more convenient. A flick of the wrist and you've got the time—no need to go rummaging past your wallet, through your keys and down into your cellphone to know that you're late to pick up your kid again (jeez, forty-five minutes in the rain one time and he won't shut up about it).

How about our readers? Do you go high-tech and sport only the cellphone, or are you more old school and pop a phone plus a watch/pocketwatch/Flava Flav clock around your neck?

razorak
August 26th, 2006, 11:07
hmmm...when was the last time i looked at the time i wonder....aha! it was on my psp screen...rofl

Malksta
August 26th, 2006, 12:39
phone

punkypine
August 26th, 2006, 17:26
phone

Video_freak
August 26th, 2006, 18:04
Phone, when it's on me (who carries watches, seriously). Sometimes it's my iPod Nano, or my PSP. :D

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 6th, 2006, 10:47
i dont have a cell. i prefer the watch though when i have it. i always end up taking them off out of bordom or b4 the tub and so i lose track.

Kramer
September 6th, 2006, 10:57
I lost my phone so i use my PSP

dejkirkby
September 6th, 2006, 11:04
Phone or PSP, my watch is somewhere, but i don't know where!

bullhead
September 6th, 2006, 13:15
I guess what time it is by looking at the shadows cast from the sun. And when its too dark to tell the time, I fall to the floor and sleep until I can use the shadows to tell the time again.

And thats not even a lie, I only tell lies to people who look at me strangely, and nobody here has faces as far as I can see, so ill tell the truth to you, I will...

I am lying...

VampDude
September 24th, 2006, 02:43
phone, even since the before of when I lost my watch at the hotel 6 weeks ago

JKKDARK
September 24th, 2006, 03:01
cell phone ;)

Kaiser
September 24th, 2006, 03:20
Phone

Watches are obsolete :p