PDA

View Full Version : Own maps in Mapthis! (Not Google or MSN)

kulfsson
August 26th, 2006, 12:16
Hi,

My country is not very well supported by Google or MSN so I was wondering if I can add my own maps to Mapthis! ? Is this possible ?

How is the format for calibrating the maps ? The only calibration that I can see is the coords.txt file and that only contains one line.

Other software that I have worked with f.x. Gpsdash have their own calibration software so you can enter the coordinates. Do the Google and MSN .png files have Geo data embedded ?

fokia
August 28th, 2006, 09:52
Hi,

My country is not very well supported by Google or MSN so I was wondering if I can add my own maps to Mapthis! ? Is this possible ?

How is the format for calibrating the maps ? The only calibration that I can see is the coords.txt file and that only contains one line.

Other software that I have worked with f.x. Gpsdash have their own calibration software so you can enter the coordinates. Do the Google and MSN .png files have Geo data embedded ?

Since all tiles are 256x256px you only need to now one coord to calculate al the others from there (through the size of tiles) i think thats the way it's done..