PDA

View Full Version : Geremia's Slim 360 DVD Proof of Concept Hack

wraggster
October 17th, 2010, 19:43
News via http://www.eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2649

Geremia has been working on the 360 Slim DVD drive (LiteOn DG16D4S) for some time now and made a lot of progress already. He released his latest version of Tarablinda - a collection of hacks and tricks which he discovered during hw and fw exploration (allows to extract dvdkey and more and since this last version even an experimental way to dump the whole FW). Quote: "I had no time, no will and no more than 2 drive to test, and i'm not willing to support it too much, it's just a proof of concept. It can contain bugs and it's not an idiot proof app. I spent 2 months of spare night-time on this, from decapping to fullrawdump, passing by descrambling fw, reversing fw, bruteforcing, finding usefull cdb commands, bugs and tricks. This is the result, not the beginning of something else. Since it's my hobby, i'm free to do what i like, just enjoy it or hate it, i dont' care :) Slim liteon is well detectable and also lockable to a permanent read-only SPI flash, it's just a matter of MS to push the red button.