PDA

View Full Version : How do you extract or view 3D models from games?

MrTeressaBond
August 26th, 2006, 22:08
How do you extract or view 3D models from games?

i mean i know its been mentioned here before i think, simlar to the Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts.

but i was going more on the lines of Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Street Fighter EX Alpha 3.

not only the 3D models of characters, but maybe the levels and the sprites maybe?

and maybe possible to reanimate or rip the scripted anited moves already in them?

i would really appreciate it if someone can help me on this.

it is not something i want to break any copyright laws, i am not stealing or copying them.

more or less, i want to either view or extract them, like the Kingdom Hearts Viewer for instance.

is there any possible way to do so?

crackkills
August 26th, 2006, 23:01
I would totally love to help you but I don't know. If you find out how I would definitely like to know as well.

MrTeressaBond
August 26th, 2006, 23:41
sweet...

there are like some 3D extractors out there, but i dont know if they would help.

i was hoping someone here might know one specifically, or a method or theory on how to do it.

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 02:12
whats with all your funky questions, there like off the wall

MrTeressaBond
August 27th, 2006, 02:16
im sorry...

ummm do i really have to answer that?

anyone? else who can help perhaps?

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 02:20
i wasnt saying anything bad about it, its just you went from, how do i green screen to how do i extract 3d models, again, not saying anything bad

MrTeressaBond
August 27th, 2006, 02:28
oh ok.

i amaware of that, dont worry, non taken then.

do u know or anyone here know how to extract 3D models from games then may i ask?

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 02:31
well, what game in particular

MrTeressaBond
August 27th, 2006, 02:35
something like Resident Evil 2 or House of THe Dead 2.

does game format matter as well? DC or PC versions of the game?

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 04:00
well, just from intuition im gonna say it will be alot easier to get them from the pc files, the files should just be in a folder somwhere, and you need to find the right editor

MrTeressaBond
August 27th, 2006, 04:17
oh ok then.

then House of the Dead 2 wouldnt be too much of a problme then.

but for Resident Evil 2, the PC version tends to be the worsed released of it out there.

plus the DC version (the best version of the game out there), has a special feature called model Viewer, were a model of every character in the game rotates around).

BrooksyX
August 27th, 2006, 04:21
You cant obtrain models from games because either the models are in a .pak file that cannot be unzipped or due to the fact the games arnt open source you cant use or veiw the models because they are compiled.

MrTeressaBond
August 27th, 2006, 04:25
im sure it is possible...

im not only talking about those PS2 games, but also PC games like House of the Dead 2 and resident Evil 2 for DC.

they are in their folders and in a specific file, which can be crackd into, but that is something i do not know and i was wondering someone here might help me on that.

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 04:35
well... im sure some googling would get you the modle files pre-hacked

BrooksyX
August 27th, 2006, 06:05
Yeah but when you get the file how are going to use it?...

thats what I thought, you cant use it because the games are not open source. Models are copyrighted so developers make it so you cant use them.

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:11
i mean someone will proably have made files compatible with 3d imaging progs