PDA

View Full Version : A History of Hombrew, A Reference and Anecdotal Tome For Future Generations.

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 05:16
Chapter 1 Light in The Dark

A one Mr. Thomas Edison was busy at work on a new invention he called, the light bulb. He had been steadily trying new filaments and thus far had found 2000 ways not to make a light bulb. Then, inspiration struck. Edison used a cotton filament and an oxygenless glass bulb to make a light bulb that lasted 40 hours. His invention was patented and soon he began an electric company to feed power to users of his invention. Now, the general public had electricity in there homes and were able to make use of it. Soon other inventions were made that required this "power." Not to long after that man developed invention after invention that led to a machine that could add numbers by itself...

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 05:19
Um... thanks for the info. ;)

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 05:21
Crimson_Lotus already wrote Chapter 33, this is just me being an ass, this is for serious, anyway, if anyone has the next step in this sequence, post as chapter 2

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 05:23
Cool. Thanks FrierTuck. ;)

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:10
Chapter Two Wow, Its So Big
Since 1623, man has had a way to mechanicaly add up numbers. The first auto calculator was invented byWillhelm Schickard in Germany. This machine was an improvement over the slide rule which was widely accpeted as the best way to do equations without quill and parchment. Next came the first machnie able to multiply in 1642. Then came Charles Xavier Thomas'es Arithmometer which was able to preform all 4 basic functions. Next is Victor Schilt's key driven adding machine, the first button calculator. 1872, the pinwheel caluclator is invented. The first highly sucessfull key driven calculator is created by Dorr E Felt, the Compometer. These devices lead up the the US govt. development of Colossus. The first fully prgramble computer, it was used for deciphering german transmissions. SIGSALY the first unbreakable digital telephone center is next in line, it was made in America using British Technology. These computers were all room sized and needed many people to construct and operate. The home owned computer is drawing ever nearer.

Note: all dates and names and more entires will be put into somewhat of a timeline will replace this section eventually.

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 06:14
Chapter 3
Ha and ha ????

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:15
umm, wow, your chapter 3 suck

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 06:15
Lmao Acidburn. :)

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:17
i honestly dont get it, it sucks now, but eventually this will lead to the part where we crush Sony's tierany

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 06:18
i honestly dont get it, it sucks now, but eventually this will lead to the part where we crush Sony's tierany
Yes it will! :D

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:22
dude, im being cereal, and everyone and their mom is gonna wanna right about the hacking and homebrew for the DC and such

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 06:34
After Einstine discovered the lightbulb... a PSP with 1.5 installed fell out of the sky and got caught in his massive retro beard. Einstine soon discovered that he got some weird previously installed tic tac to game to work... it was quite obvious he discovered homebrew sent by the modgod 1timeuser... He then fell into depression when he learned that Sony's sales were increasing because of other peoples work and were making their PSP less accessable to it.... After that einstine went into the future to see what it held... he found himself in his own chamber many many years later with a journal in his hand. He opened the journal to the middle.... chapter 33... and scribbled it as fast as he could onto his own journal... that fabric of time was damaged and einstine returned to his old age.. It is said that the journal entry will be found on the day of the PSP's liberation... and it will read such....

Chapter 33: Fall of Sony...

And so it became, that the world's most unlikely characters... the homebrewers.. Fought for justice on the behalf of their kinsmanship. Sony Entertainment, A currupt corperation hell bent on ruining homebrewer's attempts everywhere, fought for their false beliefs with amazing vigor... but it was the homebrewers that came through and attacked Sony's core via a shiny yet misleading forum poll... Our world would be a differant place without the help of those faithful homebrewers...

that is all that he faithfully scribbled onto his own journal.. which consisted of one other entry... his first.. he died shortly after of a deranged toe fungus from eating oddly colored rats

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:45
ok, Crimson_Lotus's Anecdote has changed my idea for this, lets write a completely fictious and full of paradox story which beats the pants off the truth.

HOMEBREW, A NOVEL BY DCEMU

PROLOUGE

In the begging there was software, and it was good. Man enjoyed the slop which the overlords poured into his open and waiting hands. He eagerly awaited the newest softwares to please his verchanging tastes but found his hunger was nt so easily quenched by the occasional and less then stellar releases of the major corporations. It was this desenting thought which led to the spark in one young mans mind. He, who is now know as the Moses of Hombrew sat down in front of his computer and began typing. After several years work, he was finished. Two words appeared on his screen everytime he hit the enter key. These two words are now the basis for our governemnt, our religion, and our life. Those two words shuck the world at its deepest core and its highest peaks. Those two words were, "HELLO WORLD!!!"

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 06:50
Wow, this is going to turn into a real story! Everyone make .txt files on their HDD's and upload once completle! :D

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 06:52
Im getting right on it.

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 06:53
ok, Crimson_Lotus's Anecdote has changed my idea for this, lets write a completely fictious and full of paradox story which beats the pants off the truth.

Lol, I was playing around...:rolleyes:

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:54
what, you think im kidding, the truth sucks, and no one wants to write the truth, storys full of intrigue and danger sell much better

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 06:55
Ok i will wright a horror story then.

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 06:57
Ok i will wright a horror story then.
Even better! :D

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 06:58
i got two chapters into the turth and no one wanted to read it, so yah fiction brings in views, horror is much better then truth in sales but doesnt appeal to the younger set, then again, what does, on with the crazy interpretation of hombrews origins

Crimson_Lotus
So.... basically Eienstine invented the hoho and little debbie was his daughter... she was horribly obese and died at the age of 14.. Her body was used as a shield from cold in the small town of middlebarry.

Anyway, once her skin waisted away... there was a japanese 1.5 PSP in her stomach.

ACID
i know like Deen Koont

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 07:01
wow, Crimson_Loyus, you started off so well with chapter 33, and yah, my Uncle reads Dean Koontz

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 07:06
wow, Crimson_Loyus, you started off so well with chapter 33, and yah, my Uncle reads Dean Koontz

sorry man its late, and I'm running on mountain dew:)

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 07:08
so its settled Dean Koontz it is.

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 07:10
i do my best writing on mountain dew lol, well i used to, since i became health concious, i do my best writing on diet mountain dew on the rocks, not really lol, my best writing is when im boerd (how does that work out, idk, maybe i get all my interest on one subject again idk)

if anyones really good at PS tthe cover of this book should be a really cool looking circuit board with someone soldering a mod chip on or something to that effect

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 07:11
photoshop you say *grins*

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 07:12
I do my best writing with my 3 best friends. Jhonny walker , jeam bean & jack daniels. LOL

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 07:13
yes i do, i cold say milwaukee but im not going to, and by *grins* do you mean like your avatar, cause thats a scary grin

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 07:15
I do my best writing with my 3 best friends. Jhonny walker , jeam bean & jack daniels. LOL
that reminds me of a few George Thoroughgood songs, "One Burban, One Scotch, and One Beer" and "I drink alone" for anyone who doesnt know him, he did "bad to the bone"

Crimson_Lotus
August 27th, 2006, 07:15
nah, I just do a lot of graphics work(mostly sigs) on here

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 07:17
And a great job he does

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 07:18
ic, but yah, if your so inclined PS away, my skills are mediocre

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 07:40
I PS you

FrierTuck
August 27th, 2006, 22:26
Chapter 3 Homebrew Through The Ages

The origins of the term Homebrew are deep seeded in alchohal as thats what homebrew is by definition. Alchohal made in the end users home, and not ina factory or in an officialy established production facility. The earliest example of homebrew being made in force is the American concept of Bathtub Gin. People requiring more alchohal then they could afford would mix anything they could with alcohal in it (mouthwash, medicin, etc.) in a bathtub. Drinking this concoction would often render the user blind or deaf but the traditions of homebrewing could not be so easily stomped out by poisionus failures. After time recipes were established and the general piblic could make a strong brew without paying the exorbatent fees of the liquor companys.

quzar
August 29th, 2006, 16:01
You guys should learn to spell before trying to write anything.

write, tyranny, einstein, bourbon, etc

=P

FrierTuck
August 29th, 2006, 17:05
thank you very much, the forum has no spell check and i myself have nver had to write tyranny or bourban before, and at the very least is all phonetic so, at least its not like im all 'W3333 M3 I3e t3h n00bsox"

Crimson_Lotus
August 29th, 2006, 21:17
Yeah, I knew I was spelling "einstein" wrong... If I spelled "write" wrong it was a typo.

FrierTuck
August 29th, 2006, 23:34
it coulda been me dude, who knows, oh well, Homebrew History has poeitc license