PDA

View Full Version : Final Wii Hardware in Hands on Devs ??

wraggster
August 27th, 2006, 07:31
Via IGN Blog:

Checked out a final machine the other day and it was nice. We popped a Wii disc in it -- it looked like a blank CD, by the way, which is pretty much what it was; nobody's seen a retail disc yet -- and it was smooth. The disc just floated into the slot drive. No jerkiness whatsoever. Was very impressive and in hindsight I wish I'd brought a GCN disc so I could've tested that, too. I imagine it'll be just as smooth.

Looks to me like Wave Bird receivers will fit just fine in the GCN docking station's controller ports on the Wii hardware. I opened the flap and had a look. It's perfectly flat, so there shouldn't be any problems. Meanwhile, I popped open the front flap again and yes, it's just an SD Card slot and the SYNCHRO button -- not a 3D hologram laser or a time machine.

One thing that's really bugging me is that nobody has been able to see Wii's GUI yet. Or, at least, nobody's talking. Given that final hardware and firmware are out there, I have to think it's going to surface soon. So, er, keep watching IGN Wii because I'll be looking to track down photos and videos just as soon as I can.

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 07:32
Great thanks wraggster

muffinman
August 27th, 2006, 13:03
well they're some nice details.

JD/
August 27th, 2006, 19:41
cant w8 for the wii to hit stores i hope they dont go sony on us and start putting firmware updates that block homebrew :( I heard theres a download service so it can download stuff when its off.

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 27th, 2006, 22:45
damn it, no time machine!

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 22:51
Awesome news! Can't wait for the Wii release! :)