PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City Stories Update

wraggster
August 27th, 2006, 07:49
Via GTA Portable.com (http://www.gtaportable.com/news/6124/more-previews-surfaces-from-europe) we have more GTA News:

Even more previews were recently published in Europe. The latest info comes from GamesMaster and the French Official PlayStation 2 Magazine. While there's no new screenshots, there certainly is a bit of new info and some collaboration on previously known things.

GamesMaster:
• One of Vice City Stories' biggest selling points is going to be how easy it is to go from land to water to air travel.
• Missions are more transitional - instead of doing a bit of a mission, watching a cut-scene then doing a bit more.
• The city is twice the size of Liberty City Stories, and the loading times remain roughly the same.
• More detail and more to do - you can expect a lot of new vehicles including all sorts of aircraft.
• While it's quite obvious, the magazine confirms that there will be no eating in the game like San Andreas.
• Vice City Stories will feature plenty of characters, mostly being new.
• As we already know, because the game is set two years before the original Vice City, the city will look slightly different. But the magazine goes further to say that the Leaf Links Golf Course will be in the game, where it was previously speculated not to be in there.
• The story takes place before the money comes flooding in, so there's more poor areas on the map.

Official PlayStation 2 Magazine:
• The early demo that they got to play still had a few empty streets, but Rockstar assured them that the streets would be twice as full in the final game.
• Based on the storyline revolving around the Vance brothers, there's said to be a lot of humor in the game.
• Rockstar Games also has a big surprise concerning the Wi-Fi features in Vice City Stories.

While nothing more is known about this, it could very well be co-op mode. The way that the storyline is set there could be more missions where the Vance brothers can play together as two different players. Or even better - Online Mode!

ACID
August 27th, 2006, 07:50
Any pics.

emuking
August 27th, 2006, 08:42
hopefully gta:vcs will be online that would be nice :D

mnuhaily22
August 27th, 2006, 10:45
Looks cool

pibs
August 27th, 2006, 13:23
Sound pretty cool but what fw will it need?

tallica
August 27th, 2006, 13:57
Cool i hope it has online.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 27th, 2006, 21:17
good game, but i bet we need a firmware 2.80 or higher........damn

felonyr301
August 27th, 2006, 21:59
most likely *no homebrew allowed here b!tches* firmware it sucks that it has to be that way...

**1_Man_Matrix**
August 28th, 2006, 00:21
If I cracked 2.80... I wouldn't let the news be known yet. That way, Sony would think it hadn't been done and would be more likely to implement it into VC:S, Then I could bring the application out afterwards...

Then again, If I were Sony, I wouldn't take any chances, and make sure VC:S had a completely new firmware with it... Minimalising the chances of a firmware 3.00 or other boot from 1.50.

Ah, October will be a difficult month for decisions :D

Basil Zero
August 28th, 2006, 03:06
cant wait until dev hook can emulate it..lol