PDA

View Full Version : psp usb input

crait
August 27th, 2006, 22:41
hey all, im working on this thing that lets me control my psp with a keyboard, and i might encorporate it into my game, but as of now, i dont have a usb keyboard
but i put some dl files that converts keyboard input into psp input, but as of now they dont work, and im not sure if they will work or not

heres some images

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/the_crait/08-27-06_1606.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/the_crait/08-27-06_1607.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/the_crait/08-27-06_1609.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c340/the_crait/08-27-06_1608.jpg

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 22:44
Wow that's so cool Crait! :eek:

Malksta
August 27th, 2006, 23:30
It sure is

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 23:31
When can we expect USB keyboard support? :)

crait
August 27th, 2006, 23:35
well, maybe tonight ill check to see if my theory is right

all im basically doing is taking the dl files from lua player for windows and putting it in the folder for the lua game, and put a line of code that turns on the usb mode, then im going to run it
the dll files from the lua player for windows converts the keyboard input into psp input
ex. c = X f = O d = [ ] e = triangle.... etc

maybe i might have to create a driver, which might take a long time since im lazy
or it may work by itself without the driver

Video_freak
August 27th, 2006, 23:42
Will there ever be a possibility to type up stuff using a keyboard on the PSP with this app?

crait
August 27th, 2006, 23:58
erm... i could easily make a notepad-type lua app that could use the keyboad, because it wouldnt care where the letter input came from, as long as it came from soemwhere
lol

but you would have to buy the converter

ninja9393
August 28th, 2006, 00:47
lol my game icon is the last one on the 1st and 2nd image

good job crait:D

crait
August 28th, 2006, 01:08
yeah... lol, product placement in video games is the most subconciously recognized/inputted form of advertising
hince me putting kirby on the psp screen

gangsta_psp
August 28th, 2006, 01:32
Interesting eh?

Video_freak
August 28th, 2006, 01:34
erm... i could easily make a notepad-type lua app that could use the keyboad, because it wouldnt care where the letter input came from, as long as it came from soemwhere
lol

but you would have to buy the converter
That wouldn't cost a lot, would it?

Wally
August 28th, 2006, 02:37
Seeing this is happening, i dont see why a USB tv tuner wouldnt work on the PSP..

m0dm0use
August 28th, 2006, 09:41
how about a Playstation 2 controler then use one of those PStwo to USB then the USB to the psp,

also emagine a 250gig external non usb on the go hard drive.

yea ive got a USB on the go but still its far cheaper with a standard external HDD :)

deniska
August 28th, 2006, 13:09
well, maybe tonight ill check to see if my theory is right

all im basically doing is taking the dl files from lua player for windows and putting it in the folder for the lua game, and put a line of code that turns on the usb mode, then im going to run it
the dll files from the lua player for windows converts the keyboard input into psp input
ex. c = X f = O d = [ ] e = triangle.... etc

maybe i might have to create a driver, which might take a long time since im lazy
or it may work by itself without the driver

As is, your joystick, keyboard & psp are USB clients...
Not sure if they can talk to each other w/o a host...
check ps2dev forums - as they cover this in detail...
Or have I missed something????

crait
August 28th, 2006, 18:09
well, they might work, but might not, i am going to attach a flash drive, and run IRshell, to see if i can access files from usbhost0:
like someone stated earlier, an external hardrive

also, the converter costed my uncle, like 5 dollors, and there were a lot of them in that pack

tallica
August 28th, 2006, 19:01
Cool! I hope this works, id love a keyboard for the psp.

scarph
August 28th, 2006, 23:42
Hold up, I dont understand this whole thing. Wouldnt that joystick use a male usb connecter, while the adapter would use the female usb connecter.

crait
August 29th, 2006, 01:23
the usb thing i have converts the male psp usb input into a female usb input
instead of a male output

Voorhees
August 29th, 2006, 07:59
damn! i never thought of a converter ;O did your irshell experiment work?

crait
August 29th, 2006, 19:16
im trying to get irshell to recognize a flash drive

but i dont have the usbhost0 files yet, so once i get out of school ill put those on there, and maybe itll work

Apoklepz
August 29th, 2006, 21:02
seeing how you're doing this, I think there might me a possibility of incorporating PSP game playing with a PC controller similar to the Playstation One....or maybe not...would be great for playing in the car, without getting dizzy, taht is if you're not the one driving.

drEDN4wt
August 29th, 2006, 21:14
how much power can the psp usb port supply?

would it need an external supply spliced into the usb adapter?

cos i dont see a little psp battery powering that great big joystick on full rumble for more than a few minutes :D

John Vattic
August 29th, 2006, 22:17
it would be cool to play the psp with a usb controller. like my ps2 style usb controller for my pc.

Apoklepz
August 29th, 2006, 23:20
it would be cool to play the psp with a usb controller. like my ps2 style usb controller for my pc.

My point exactly, although a lot of people might diss because of portability issues...this would surely kick major ass if you were to dock your PSP along for a car ride, and you, your buddy or your kids (whomever isn't driving:p ) could fully enjoy playing a game without having that motion sickness or diziness effect that you get when playing the PSP in a car or moving vehicle.

romero126
May 30th, 2008, 19:13
Tobad it will never work without a strong prx driver that runs only in kernel mode.

Not to mention that if you look at the schematics for the USB port on the PSP its plugged directly into the main CPU in reverse order, what that means is the data leads for receving and sending are reversed requireing the USB port for the PSP to be in host mode only.

So unless you can build a host controller for each device (probably just a pass through unit via microcontrollers) It definatly is not feasable.

Also you may have better luck with the Serial IO port as it provides 2.5 volts and is syncrynous with USB. Good luck!

NeonGenesis
May 30th, 2008, 22:07
Kind of an ancient post to dredge up, eh? If you're running a PSP Fat, there is already a mod in place that operates using the iR port on the top to interact with an iR keyboard, if curiosity strikes you, romero.

Azazel_29a
December 17th, 2008, 06:53
can any usb device wifi card, bluetooth card, mouse ect ect. be connected to the psp assuming you have the s/w drivers that support it?