PDA

View Full Version : PSPX48: a HP48 Calculator emulator v1.0.5

zx-81
August 27th, 2006, 22:42
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspx48-snap-v105.jpg

Hi All,

Holidays ended, and it's time now to go back to school, so here is another useful
thing to put on your PSP :

A new release of PSPX48 the Hp48 calculator emulator !

First i would like to thanks my friend jer666 (http://www.design-creation.info/) for his beautiful icons
and background image :).

What's new in this version ?

- Add new beautiful icons and background designed by Jer666 !
- New user interface with menus and usefull options
- Display battery usage
- Add Help window with all PSP shortkeys
- Save configuration file option
- Screenshot image option
- PNG images instead of BMP (smaller images)
- Toogle between analog and digital pad option
- New keyboard handler and new mapping

The HP48 documentation is there : user guide (http://www.hpcalc.org/hp48/docs/misc/hp48gug.zip)

As far as i know Helwet Packard graciously began allowing HP48 bios to be downloaded in 2000
(you need it, but it is NOT part of my PSPX48 package because it's not GNU !).

This rom can easily be found here : hpcalc (http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=4524)

As always, the package is under GPL Copyright and sources are included.

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

felonyr301
August 27th, 2006, 22:47
cool another calculator update thanks for this zx-81 got this one and the other calculator in my psp always like to be prepared for school you know lol..

kcajblue
August 27th, 2006, 23:30
alright, another calculator. :D

antoine
August 28th, 2006, 00:35
calice ke c niceste chose la lol le monde en francais vont konprendre

pkmaximum
August 28th, 2006, 00:36
Kool now I have 2 caculators this rocks. Lets hope I can find the rom for this one with ease =P

waco13
August 28th, 2006, 00:43
....yay.....another calculator....does this one add, subtract, multiply AND divide? WOW!!!! I don't know if I'm ready for that. You're a talented guy ZX, maybe the next one you emulate will be one of those really old calculators with the LED display, or maybe a cash register emulator to help us count our change....or an abacus...possibly even a finger emulator, with the ability to count toes too. Just kidding dude...I got dropped on my head as an infant. I love your classic console emus and VBA was genious.

pkmaximum
August 28th, 2006, 01:04
Man I can't wait to see what ZX has in stores for us next, for a long time now he has been kicking ass for the homebrew scene. Maybe he will make a sega Saturn, or a 3DO emlator :cool:

gunntims0103
August 28th, 2006, 01:11
math is gonna be a breeze now im lovin it

mavsman4457
August 28th, 2006, 01:12
Would it be possible for you to make a Ti 89 emulator because that is the most popular calculator around where I live and the easiest to use. I have tried the former Hp48 and didn't really want to bother with it but I haven't tried your Ti 92 emulator yet. Is the Ti 92 easy to use after I have used the Ti 84 and 89 and stuff like that?

RetroGoth
August 28th, 2006, 01:13
awesome would be nice to have a ti83 calc on my psp as well wink wink lol

mavsman4457
August 28th, 2006, 01:57
OK I have the Ti 92 all set up but it would be nice to just have the Ti 83 to fall back on in case I have some problems.

Video_freak
August 28th, 2006, 02:01
I've never used this app, but I think I'll put it on my mem stick just for school! :)
Thanks Zx!

Gwimmel
August 28th, 2006, 03:22
I personally like PSPXTI more, but thats just
because im used to my TI84+. =D

you kick ass ZX-81, keep up the great work.

DCGohan
August 28th, 2006, 05:51
I can't seem to get mine to work, I haven't added in the extra memory slots yet, just extracted the fw 1.5 folders to my psp, and put the rom file in the folder, and named it "rom". The program loads up, I see a sideways picture of the calculator, then it goes to the main menu of the emulator, where you can select, load, and all that stuff, then after a few seconds, it has an error, or just exits.

Mr. Shizzy
August 28th, 2006, 06:21
Nice work ZX. Thanks once again. Any hints of your future plans? (I'm a big fan of your work!)

DCGohan
August 28th, 2006, 06:25
nevermind, I'm not even gonna bother, as the same thing happens with my pspxti, but no error shows up, it just exits. and sicne even the guy who posted AFTER me, can't evens top for a few minutes to help someone, how ignorant. anyway, it doesn't matter, it's not like I really need it, I just wanted to try this out, to see how good this thing really was, but seems it's so simple, yet no one can answer me how to get it working. note, YES, I did rename the rom file to ".rom", and put it in the root folder of the emulator, it did not work. And just to let you know, for you people who WILL flame me, I'm not even going to come back to check to see if you did, as I do not care. Just because you think you are all pro at this, doesn't mean you can't stop for a few minutes to try and help someone who is having a LITTLE bit of trouble.

goldenmage
August 28th, 2006, 07:19
I wonder how my professor is gonna react when he tells us to get out our calculators and I take out my PSP.

Mr. Shizzy
August 28th, 2006, 07:35
nevermind, I'm not even gonna bother, as the same thing happens with my pspxti, but no error shows up, it just exits. and sicne even the guy who posted AFTER me, can't evens top for a few minutes to help someone, how ignorant. anyway, it doesn't matter, it's not like I really need it, I just wanted to try this out, to see how good this thing really was, but seems it's so simple, yet no one can answer me how to get it working. note, YES, I did rename the rom file to ".rom", and put it in the root folder of the emulator, it did not work. And just to let you know, for you people who WILL flame me, I'm not even going to come back to check to see if you did, as I do not care. Just because you think you are all pro at this, doesn't mean you can't stop for a few minutes to try and help someone who is having a LITTLE bit of trouble.

Bro I just got home from work, and it's 2:30 A.M. where I am. Lol. I am constantly going out of my way to help people. I would of helped you if you specifically asked me to. But you didn't. I can't answer every question on this web site. lol. Now that you have revealed how rude & impatient you are - I would NEVER help you. You don't deserve my help. I do have a suggestion for you however: Go sign up for QJ forums. That place is full of idiots just like you. lol :eek:

EDIT: Sorry everyone had to read this, but this guy was being rude in my opinion.

StealthCP
August 28th, 2006, 12:41
HAH! You have finally made something I don't have a use for. :D I may do, I will wait and see come September... :p

mnuhaily22
August 28th, 2006, 12:58
looks good, caan't wait to use it in school.

Ari
September 22nd, 2006, 11:48
After I used this emu, I decided to buy a used hp48 off of amazon.:p

mr_nick666
September 22nd, 2006, 18:10
After I used this emu, I decided to buy a used hp48 off of amazon.:p

You needed two!? :eek: (or do they not let you use your PSP at school? :( ) Swines! ;)

zx-81
September 22nd, 2006, 21:33
Hi All,

Here is a minor update of PSPX48, the HP48 calculator emulator for PSP.

- Save state is now done using zlib so ram file size is smaller and as a consequence, it is much faster to save
- Bug fix (may display stange characters in the emulator menu)

Zx

Tetris999
September 23rd, 2006, 20:54
no its because hes a goodie twoshoes or he wants the real one

PSPKOR
September 23rd, 2006, 21:58
Sweet, should be able to use this at college and that means i wont have to buy a new one as my batterys on my old one ran out the other day:mad: . Thanks zx-81:)

pachikno
September 24th, 2006, 04:28
Hi All,

Here is a minor update of PSPX48, the HP48 calculator emulator for PSP.

- Save state is now done using zlib so ram file size is smaller and as a consequence, it is much faster to save
- Bug fix (may display stange characters in the emulator menu)

------------------------------------------------------------------
hello!!

can i use this emulator for the psp version 2.81??
:confused:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Zx

hello!!

zx-81
September 24th, 2006, 10:16
hello!!

Unfortunatelly it doesn't work for fw > 2.71 ... :(

matthewmcg
December 4th, 2006, 06:38
how can a psp compete with a real calculator thats a fraction of the price that can entertain you by spelling words upside down.

mike_jmg
January 10th, 2007, 02:14
How do i get the solve function to work, it loads and everything, but when i want to use the linear system solver it does nothing.

Is the rom from HP incomplete or something?

zx-81
January 10th, 2007, 08:03
How do i get the solve function to work, it loads and everything, but when i want to use the linear system solver it does nothing.

Is the rom from HP incomplete or something?

It's a bit strange, it should work properly. Could you give us more details on what you tried to do (so i can reproduce the bug ?). :)

mike_jmg
January 11th, 2007, 14:32
sorry dude, my bad

I was using the wrong key (duhhhhh!),

I was trying to hit the options in the menu with the square button (duhhh! again)

Until I showed it to a friend and she told me: Shouldn´t you hit the OK KEY

And I was like DUUUUHHHHHH! to myself

Keep up the good work (really sorry)
I wonder what is my teacher going to say when I show her my new 250 bucks HP calculator LOL

mike_jmg
January 11th, 2007, 14:36
What can u expect? I´m trying to lose my noobness, but I think is faster than me

mike_jmg
January 11th, 2007, 14:39
Although I'm the lucky owner of:

PSP 3.03 OEA', 1Gb ms, Tekken Dark Res, Power Stone Collection, GTA LCS, Burnout Legends,
and my new iso loaded yu gioh gx

zx-81
January 12th, 2007, 08:10
sorry dude, my bad

I was using the wrong key (duhhhhh!),

I was trying to hit the options in the menu with the square button (duhhh! again)

Until I showed it to a friend and she told me: Shouldn´t you hit the OK KEY

And I was like DUUUUHHHHHH! to myself

Keep up the good work (really sorry)
I wonder what is my teacher going to say when I show her my new 250 bucks HP calculator LOL

no problem, anyway thanks for your feedback :)

wooptydo6
February 10th, 2007, 00:51
it wont work for me

zx-81
February 10th, 2007, 10:32
it wont work for me

can you give us some more details about what is not working in your case ?

Ice_Cold
February 10th, 2007, 19:30
great release zx, i like this very much :thumbup: