PDA

View Full Version : visible coordinates on a 640x480 TV display?

Atari
August 28th, 2006, 06:37
As per subject, does anyone know these in decimal form? I'd like to add it to my fenix tech page, but my DC croaked and I'm awaiting another. Plus, I need it for my project.

Thanks- B

---------
Fenix for Dreamcast Technical Information- http://atari.vg-network.com/dcfenix.html

OneThirty8
August 29th, 2006, 04:12
I don't know exactly, but if it helps, I think you generally lose about 10% of any image you display on a television.

lo
September 26th, 2006, 01:14
I think it although depends on the TV you are using and if you use NTSc or PAL.

Greetz
lo_

BlueCrab
September 27th, 2006, 12:52
It actually differs from TV to TV. I have one TV that I can see the entire 640x480 area, whereas I have another TV that chops about 32 pixels off of each side of the picture.

The best bet, just assume the 32 pixels on each edge of the screen aren't visible....

EDIT: d'oh, just realized that someone had bumped this the other day.....

Atari
October 21st, 2006, 04:33
I have this info now, and have added it to the Fenix for Dreamcast Technical Page, which is now at http://atari.vg-network.com

Elven6
October 21st, 2006, 21:03
I don't know exactly, but if it helps, I think you generally lose about 10% of any image you display on a television.

Thats plassable considering the aspect ratios of every TV and of course the screen size.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 24th, 2006, 17:05
is this fenix a good language to learn? any games or anything to show what its results are? would it aid in mastering C++:confused: ?

Atari
October 28th, 2006, 02:00
is this fenix a good language to learn? any games or anything to show what its results are? would it aid in mastering C++:confused: ?

1. yes... it's very simple, once you can wrap your head around procedural programming. If you've programmed before, you should have no problem picking it up. If not, I'd learn a bit about how programming works first.

2. Lots. Check out the links section at my site linked below for code snippets and sites with games.

3. Mastering, no. But it'll help you a bit with how functions, variables and types work. And learning C and C++ takes a lot more time and practice than learning something like Fenix. But it's definitely a good start. The games you can make for the DC with Fenix are somewhat limited, but you can have a lot of fun while doing it and learn something about programming in the process.