PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Fodder Blasting onto PSP

wraggster
August 28th, 2006, 14:01
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/fodder.jpg

News Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/728/728278p1.html):

Codemasters has announced that its classic war-torn tactical combat game Cannon Fodder is set for resurrection on PSP in Spring 2007.

Promising all the hilarity and, er, death of the 16-bit original, Cannon Fodder on PSP sees players controlling their troop of grizzled soldiers, both individually and as a group, across a huge range of on-foot and vehicle based missions. As always, the aim is to create as much wanton destruction as is humanly possible.

All this story needs is a 'helmet' joke and we're done.

Sporting a brand new - if unmistakably Cannon Fodder - visual style, Codemasters' is sinking a wealth of new features into the classic combat mix. Announced so far is the ability to call in air strikes and perform radar sweeps, alongside a bulging arsenal of new weapons, including flamethrowers and sniper rifles.

What's more, your movements on the battlefield will be reported live by the new FTV channel, offering a better view of the action. Cannon Fodder PSP will also offer four-player link play with deathmatch and co-op modes.

We'll have more on Cannon Fodder PSP as it scrambles out of the trenches.

Prasoc
August 28th, 2006, 14:16
Graphics there look very good :D

Hungry Horace
August 28th, 2006, 14:19
oh great.... not content with ruining one excellent Sensible software game by putting a crappy 3d version on the PS2 etc (Sensible Soccer) - Codemasters are now being allowed to sodomise another excellent Sensi game.

it might be a good game on its own, but why tack "Cannon Fodder" onto the title and potentially ruin the great name of a computing classic?

i'll stick to the amiga and megadrive emultors and the originals for now thank you very much.... i just have to pprey Mega-Lo-Mania doesnt become another C&C clone, or Sensible Golf isnt turned into an EA style game.

Jon Hare..... what happened to your soul???!!

Dave the Rave
August 28th, 2006, 14:36
Cannon Fodder was a fantastic game, I spent many hours on my Amiga 1200 playing this one!

Regarding the PSP version though, it's another one of those games (like Lemmings) that really needs to be controlled with a mouse, not sure how well this will translate.

kcajblue
August 29th, 2006, 02:38
the SNES cannon fodder was hard.