PDA

View Full Version : DS: Picodriveds for Max Media Dock

Bonic
August 28th, 2006, 17:22
After modifing the code of Picodriveds, I was able to add support for Max media dock(Using the Fat from Moonshell), and savestates work for it! This is a modified PicodriveDS, This only works for MMD and MMP, and it doesn't support sound, so don't ask that.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
August 28th, 2006, 17:26
thanks for the news :)

TheFireman
August 28th, 2006, 19:14
Works great, nice job

muppetman2000
August 28th, 2006, 22:34
I'm a newb to homebrew, what does this do?

kcajblue
August 29th, 2006, 02:17
its a genesis emulator for the DS.:D

Qerppsmmnx
August 29th, 2006, 09:48
This is such a good day :)

bbrewer01
August 29th, 2006, 18:46
thanks man works great

Mariopop87
August 29th, 2006, 22:00
its a genesis emulator for the DS.:D
Oh my gosh, really? *no sarcasm*

jmac777
August 30th, 2006, 14:51
YAY...Picodrive doesnt work for G6..could you fix that...cuz my MMD is so bulky xD..BTW Wraggster are you gonna ask if forum could be modded for Cart Specific Threads

Bonic
August 30th, 2006, 22:53
I can make a version for G6, all I need is to get support for it, like got for MMD
EDIT: Why isn't this in the nintendods new site?

muppetman2000
August 31st, 2006, 15:20
where can i find genesis roms?

kcajblue
August 31st, 2006, 23:11
google for them

Amethyst
September 4th, 2006, 22:49
This thing runs beautifully. Playing Vectorman right now (Vectorman 2 doesn't work). But does anyone else get their save files erased when turning off the DS? I can save and load fine while playing but when I turn off my DS I lose all saves. Any help? Is it possible to make multiple saves so I can have one for each game?

Thanks.

undead_feature
September 5th, 2006, 01:37
yes, mine erases my saves after I turn off the DS. No big deal to me, really, I'd rather the developers focus on the sound than the saves. I tested out Earthworm Jim and for some reason it doesn't want to work (could just be my version). Dick Tracy doesn't run and Flashback plays extremely slow. I'm happy with Vectorman and Splatterhouse 3 just the same though. Nice work :D

ChaoFan531
September 7th, 2006, 22:43
It works!!

Sugar_T
September 9th, 2006, 10:49
Where do I put the roms?? I have a Max Media Dock! Or what so I have to do with them??

Thankx for help in advance!

sonikku88
September 14th, 2006, 23:44
Wow! I'd thought I'd never see emulators working on a Max Media Player! Awesome job, mate. Now, if only someone could get the sound to work and the get the frame rate higher. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the only ROM which I tried that didn't work.

Keile
October 3rd, 2006, 03:26
Wow! I'd thought I'd never see emulators working on a Max Media Player! Awesome job, mate. Now, if only someone could get the sound to work and the get the frame rate higher. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the only ROM which I tried that didn't work.

My Sonic 2 & Knuckles doesn't work >.>

sonikku88
October 10th, 2006, 00:13
My Sonic 2 & Knuckles doesn't work >.>

Huh, that's weird. Mine does. =\

---

Nope, my mistake. It don't work. =P

Mr. SnO0kies
November 5th, 2006, 11:16
Yeah now that i've firgured out how to work get it to work it's great occasionally for some reason though it will delete my save state but I don't mind one bit. As long as it works I love it next step should be sound! Great job and good luck with future projects man!

Yami Mario
November 6th, 2006, 15:40
Good! Im getting a MMD soon!

My first post!

knap
November 6th, 2006, 17:43
hi i have just recived the MMD, but every time im running a *.nds file on the hdd the screens turn white and i candt do any thing... anyone know what im doing wrong?

toymin80r
November 8th, 2006, 00:26
no, it should start up, the only .nds files that don't work on the MMD/P is the files over 3MB, I use to have trouble with the emulators too, but after a while some people helped me out and this emulator should work, just try different things, youll get it to work eventually.

latoshi
January 5th, 2007, 00:37
????

latoshi
January 5th, 2007, 00:39
???? haha lololololololololol:rofl: :thumbup: :cool: :eek: :o :rolleyes: ;) :p :D :) :confused:

OZONE
January 6th, 2007, 00:48
so... do you download games for it seperately..?
<Sorry, just got max media for christmas.>

adamned
January 15th, 2007, 04:57
spiderman and venom maximum carnage works great, sonic the hedgehog has a slightly lower framerate, i think it has to do with the resolution. sonic had a higher one, and had to press L to make it fit. saves work for me, tested with phantasy star 4

jhg
February 10th, 2007, 22:11
wait so this is just an emulator for sega genesis game^, it does not have to do anything with music and vedios?

sonikku88
February 10th, 2007, 22:21
wait so this is just an emulator for sega genesis game^, it does not have to do anything with music and vedios?

Nope, it has nothing to do with music or videos. If you want something to play music and videos, get Moonshell.

DoctorEggman
April 2nd, 2007, 06:58
This is so cool! But the games run slowly. How do I make them faster?

billyman
May 15th, 2007, 02:34
This is so cool! But the games run slowly. How do I make them faster?

this emulator works really great. The games i've tried look really good, just like i remember them. But they do all run pretty slow?? is there any way to adjust this? I use a regular 1gig Sandisk card. Does that have anything to do with it?? thanks

DanTheManMS
May 15th, 2007, 02:56
The Genesis is a relatively powerful system. With PicoDriveDS, what you see is what you get, unfortunately.

tarius09
June 3rd, 2007, 01:32
does this one work with the games' n music catridge since the max media dock and games n music were made by the same company?

if not can you develop one for games and music catridge please?!?:D

DanTheManMS
June 3rd, 2007, 04:16
No, it won't work on the GnM card. Nobody knows how to talk to the GnM filesystem, and Datel isn't providing the documentation necessary to create a DLDI file. Sorry, you're out of luck for now.

Perhaps if you buy a GnM for Chishm, he might find time to reverse engineer it.

XDelusion
June 23rd, 2007, 11:24
Give me Castlevania, and Monster World IV full speed with sound and I'm happy! :)