PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Failed Because of Weak Launch Games, Colour Purple & Missing Mario

wraggster
August 28th, 2006, 18:08
Via Infendo

Nintendo officials have admitted time and time again that mistakes were made with the GameCube. Whether it was the lack of a steady stream of games, minimal third party support, or poor marketing, the GameCube certainly had its flaws.

Weak list of launch games: When the GameCube launched on November 18, 2001, twelve games were available, including All-Star Baseball 2002, Batman Vengeance, Crazy Taxi, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2, Disney’s Tarzan Untamed, Luigi’s Mansion, Madden NFL 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, Super Monkey Ball, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3, and Wave Race: Blue Storm.

The Color Purple: No, not the Alice Walker novel, but the choice to compete against monolithic companies like Sony and Microsoft with a purple console in your arsenal.

Mario is Missing: Nintendo without Mario is like Microsoft without Master Chief. Or Sega without Sonic. Or Sony without idea plagiarism.

Do you agree or disagree, vent your opinions

Video_freak
August 28th, 2006, 18:11
I agree. It also missed the Wavebird at launch. :)

lexluthor
August 28th, 2006, 18:44
Or Sega without Sonic. Or Sony without idea plagiarism.

Haha ftw!

NoQuarter
August 28th, 2006, 19:23
They certainly worked wonders with the GBA,GBASP,NDS,and the NDS lite.Hopefully the wii follows in nintendo's hand held footseps.
I owned 3 Gamecubes at different times and was very happy with especially the durability of the hardware.There were just so few must have games.My girlfriend liked the purple,but I thought it was kind of lame.

Morph
August 28th, 2006, 19:57
Also, fans (like myself) got on our hands and knees pleading for online games, but they just giggled and said no.

Video_freak
August 28th, 2006, 19:59
Yeah that sucked. The new generations of all consoles (and also portables) feature online play! :)

JesusXP
August 28th, 2006, 20:16
yeah guys, its ok to admit it, it was mostly the purple thing.

:p... nah, but the design of the gc itself looked fisher pricey, and not offering DVD playback made it less of a "c'mon mom we need one of these!" type of purchases. I didn't buy it cuz I didnt like the design of the controller really, and it wasnt "big enough" to justify dropping that much coin on something so tiny :p I like my big consoles..

The Hombrew Hunter
August 28th, 2006, 23:27
Smash Bros. Melee made it aaaaaaalllll worth it.

Excuse me, I must go play Ratchet Deadlocked. Yes I still love Nintendo consoles.

JD/
August 29th, 2006, 03:24
I dont gamecube was a failure about 6 months ago but now there are virtually no titles but ill always remember playing those awesome games like Tales of Symphonia, Phantasy star online, star fox adventure gotcha force there are too many to list lol. the fact is i think nintendo gave up on gamecube since wii was going to be relesed with backwards compatablity so gamecube will live on!!!

CampaKaze
August 29th, 2006, 15:29
Yah Gotcha Force was good but u forgot Super Smash, ill still play it when my friends come over and ive had it the first christmas since the gamecubes release lol, i still have fun :) not many other games do that

JD/
August 29th, 2006, 23:57
yea your right man me and my bros play smash bros melee all the time i always own them with fox lol . We even make up games like tag and stuff.

Adrenalin
September 1st, 2006, 02:51
Guess what, i'm still playing the original Super Smash Bros (N64) LOL....
been playing at every birthday i've had for 6 years !!!! XD

Morph
September 1st, 2006, 04:26
PERIODS PEOPLE! They are mapped to a special key on your keyboard FOR A REASON.

Just a public service announcement.

Cap'n 1time
September 4th, 2006, 04:50
mmm periods... only females have them... usually.

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 04:52
mmm periods... only females have them... usually.
lmao! :) Usually.....

muffinman
September 4th, 2006, 10:50
idd lmao at that.

anyways i only use my gamecube for smash brothers melle now really. great game but i prefer to play mario kart on the snes so that doesnt get played.

also i have street fighter 2 one of the greatest fighting games in the world

VampDude
September 5th, 2006, 15:22
GameCube is quite good for a "dead" console, ignored it when it was alive but when it died I bagged myself one with a few cool games such as Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero...

...which Resident Evil on GameCube puts the original Saturn/PSone version to shame, pity the decent of the preowned games are becoming scarce leaving the crappy games such as the WWE ones!

GameCube never stood much of a chance from the day it was released as the PS2 and Xbox were already out and both could do so much more, Nintendo aim their markets at kids whereas Sony and Microsoft aim at a wider audience of both kids and adults!