PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganize v2.25

wraggster
August 28th, 2006, 20:56
News from Dragonminded (http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize)

DSOrganize is meant as a homebrew organizer application for the Nintendo DS that should have come built in in the first place. It is by no means comparible to a full-fledged organizer such as a palm, and it is not planned to become an operating system, video player, or anything similar. Many thanks go out to several dedicated members in the homebrew community for their help and libraries, without which, DSOrganize would not exist.

The latest version of DSOrganize, version 2.25, is available on this page. There are three versions: the gray version, the blue version and the green version, due to driver incompatibilities. Please be sure to only use the executable type for your particular card, and be sure to unzip the entire directory structure to your card properly, or certain pages will not save properly. As always, don't forget to back up before trying any homebrew!

Fixes found in 2.25

Fix for crash when nick is too long for server and you are autoconnecting.
Made DSOrganize IRC auto-pull nick from firmware if none is given.
Added alternate nick setting to DSO IRC.
Disabled the ability to type spaces in nickname entries on configuration.
Added check for bad server connections.
Changed scroll buffer on each page to only hold the last 100 lines.
Fixed ping command to not send until at least you are connected properly.
Made DSO check for valid path entry of HBDB download directory.
Fixed homebrew database to download into the dsorganize directory properly if it is /data/dsorganize/.
Added check for renaming to no file name to be more idiot-proof.
Took out MK2/MK3 and NinjaSD drivers for Green and Blue release to speed boot times (whiners).
Fixed the long hang time on hiding and unhiding files.
Added new supercard drivers to Blue release to hopefully fix scLite.
Reorganized configuration a little and added a few more options.
Added in option to change the default homebrew boot method.
Added in option to automatically insert bullets on the todo screen.
Added in option to swap the A and B button on all screens.
Fixed sluggishness on calculator buttons.
Fixed streams to use proxy if needed.
Made IRC advertise the /help command when starting up.
Changed L and R buttons on IRC to highlight the appropriate color if an offscreen window gets a message.
Added typed backbuffer on IRC. Hold Y and use the up or down buttons to scroll up to five lines back.
Added page-up and page-down to irc. Hold X and use the up and down buttons to scroll the view.
Changed /data/ directory detection method to only work if /DSOrganize/ directory is present inside.
Changed browser interface so that if there are multiple options for a file, A always views and Y always edits.
Added .hbdb and .pkg as editable file types.
Fixed some rendering errors in the simple html renderer.
Fixed weird error in syntax hilighting.
Fixed syntax hilighting logic for comments and html editor.
Fixed a bug where you were allowed to rename or delete the . and .. entries, thus destroying the file structure.
Fixed underlining error with links at the end of html files.
Added /away to IRC.
Added a failsafe in the FAT_rename code, hopefully this fixes dropped entries.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

h0t1ce
August 28th, 2006, 22:16
Man! Dragonminded is fast! I'm thankful for the removal of other uneeded flashcards in the blue version! the speedier boot-up was needed! I'm not particularly fond of the PDC (perpetual dancing cow)

muppetman2000
August 28th, 2006, 22:19
Hi i have a max media dock and when i try to use this app it crashes. i am a bit of a newby to homebrew, help!

Shane R. Monroe
August 28th, 2006, 22:29
Blue version doesn't work on Supercard Lite. Get TRYING SUPERCARD SD and it hangs (the cow does continue to dance though :) )

kcajblue
August 29th, 2006, 00:17
cool. another DSOrganize.:D

ACID
August 29th, 2006, 00:18
Any body got this to work for supercard lite

kcajblue
August 29th, 2006, 00:53
the DSOrganize FAQ says its supposed to work with the blue version.
but i wouldnt know cause i have an M3.:confused:

kerbyninja
August 29th, 2006, 03:30
Hi i have a max media dock and when i try to use this app it crashes. i am a bit of a newby to homebrew, help!

i also have a max media dock and when i try to use this app, the PDC dances a little FREAKING JIG and it comes up with a message that says some thing about fat memory or some such, anyway i was about to take affense from this thing telling me i have no "fat" memory but then i thought "wait a minute, its not saying I have no fat memory, its saying my DS has no fat memory. it must be some thing technical with my DS" so i have been wandering aimlessly thru-out my days with out a ds organizer for about a month, waiting for some topic about the organizer to ask someone if they would be cool as to make a version that was compatable with the MMD. PLZ

kcajblue
August 29th, 2006, 03:46
if you look at my previous post. the chart says that it doesnt boot with the Max Media CF.

h0t1ce
August 29th, 2006, 04:17
Well I tried it out and it doesnt work for me on SC SD. But looking on DragonMinded' site, he already knows about it. He says he will recompile it when he has the time!

zanysmash
August 29th, 2006, 07:11

hey
i will try it soon...

stefh
August 29th, 2006, 12:02
Blue version boots up fine and quickly on DS Lite + SC Lite + Passcard 3 + Sandisk MicroSD 1gb ULTRAII

But still no write/save possible... When I turnoff my DS Lite and switch it back on, everything saved in DSorganize is gone... I know that this already was mentioned in a post above and in the table dragonmind made, but I thought that was based on 2.2... Too bad it still doesn't work... Hope to use it some day soon!

Also some other bugs:
When you save something in the calender and go back to the main menu and back again to the calender, the saved text has become weird characters instead of the saved text.

When saving something in the dayplanner and going back to the main menu en back to the dayplanner, it's gone.

These last things didn't appear in 2.2 Blue.

Thanks for keeping working on it!

muppetman2000
August 29th, 2006, 12:13
I can't wait for a MM dock compatible version!!

Diegohan
August 29th, 2006, 12:56
I'm geting this error msg

!Error
You are not using a card that is compaetible with Chishm's FAT library. Please run this progam using a GBAMP or other compatible card!

I'm using the blue version in supercard SD, what I have to do?

zanysmash
August 29th, 2006, 18:54
Blue version boots up fine and quickly on DS Lite + SC Lite + Passcard 3 + Sandisk MicroSD 1gb ULTRAII

But still no write/save possible... When I turnoff my DS Lite and switch it back on, everything saved in DSorganize is gone... I know that this already was mentioned in a post above and in the table dragonmind made, but I thought that was based on 2.2... Too bad it still doesn't work... Hope to use it some day soon!

Also some other bugs:
When you save something in the calender and go back to the main menu and back again to the calender, the saved text has become weird characters instead of the saved text.

When saving something in the dayplanner and going back to the main menu en back to the dayplanner, it's gone.

These last things didn't appear in 2.2 Blue.

Thanks for keeping working on it!

same here for blueversion. Boot ups OK but no write to microSD.

h0t1ce
August 29th, 2006, 20:17
I'm geting this error msg

!Error
You are not using a card that is compaetible with Chishm's FAT library. Please run this progam using a GBAMP or other compatible card!

I'm using the blue version in supercard SD, what I have to do?

Download the same version but from DragonMinded' site. He fixed it but didn't change the version number.

http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

amrg
October 25th, 2006, 13:58
i´ve got a nds with g6, witch version should use.. green, gray, or other?? thanks