PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City Stories Update - Victor's Voice Revealed

wraggster
August 28th, 2006, 21:21
News via GTA Portable.com (http://www.gtaportable.com/)

As most of you know by now, Victor Vance - the brother of Lance - will be the main character in Vice City Stories. But seeing as though he didn't have a voice in the original Vice City it was unknown who'll be voicing him. This changed recently when the Vice City Stories page over at the Internet Movie Database got updated stating that Ving Rhames will be the voice of Victor Vance.

Ving is mostly popular for his roles in the Mission Impossible movies and on TV the 2005 remake series of Kojak. As some magazines have previously stated, the IMDB listing also contains Philip Michael Thomas to reprise his role as Lance Vance.

While this is not directly coming from Rockstar Games, the info could have been submitted by them to the IMDB. The site is known for being spot-on when it comes to the movie, tv, and video game industry so chances are the information is correct.

jman420
August 28th, 2006, 21:23
wait, you play as Lance Vance's brother??? why not as Tommy Vercetti?? or one of this reletives

Edit:

Ving Rhames was also "Marcellos Wallice" in the movie "Pulp Ficton"...

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 28th, 2006, 22:07
cool...

Hungry Horace
August 28th, 2006, 22:22
hmmm... while its entirely possible this is correct, any old bod can submit stuff on IMDB when stuff is still in production. I could do it right now if i ws that way inclined!

this happens a lot with Doctor Who cast-lists i've noticed.

i'd wait and see myself, and never be too quick to trust IMDB.

Festizzio
August 28th, 2006, 22:24
wait, you play as Lance Vance's brother??? why not as Tommy Vercetti?? or one of this reletives

Edit:

Yes! That's where I know him from! :)

Raekwik11
August 29th, 2006, 03:07
they didn't use the no named guy in vice city stories so i guess they won't use tommy vercetti.

**1_Man_Matrix**
August 29th, 2006, 03:24
Why's everyone so in love with Tommy Vercetti?

Ving Rhames sounds like a good choice:cool:

I reckon Victor will be marine tough, instead of mafioso tough... I know it sounds obvious, but yer... It'l make him a completely new character... Tommy and Tony were very mafioso, whereas CJ was all about being gangster tough...
I reckon Victor will be very rambo :D and Ving Rhames will make that come alive.
For example, CJ would conduct a drive by shooting, whereas Tommy & Tony would plant an explosive on the intended characters vehicle, whereas I could picture Victor having military strategic missions, like coming in by chopper etc etc...

Can't wait!

P.S. No named guy is Claude Speed, my favourite character so far... Having him in San Andreas really gave him more depth and cool factor:D

mnuhaily22
August 29th, 2006, 07:09
It realy dosn't matter as long as the gameplay is fun.

gslop
August 30th, 2006, 03:43

Edit:

You can't play as Tommy Vercetti because in this game it takes place a couple of years ago. So Tommy is still in jail in Liberty City. I dunno but i like the character as lances brother.

stotheamuel
August 30th, 2006, 04:12
GTA london 1961
GTA london 1969
(84)GTA vice city stories
(86)GTA vice city
(92)GTA san andreas
(97) GTA
(98) GTA liberty city stories
(00?)GTA advance
(01)GTA III
(near GTA II