PDA

View Full Version : PSP Bound V1a

wraggster
August 28th, 2006, 21:37
Alexisonfire posted this news/release:

I was thinking one day about what I should make...so I thought back to my starcraft days. I remembered playing 'use map settings' and there were a bunch of user-made games that got dubbed the name 'Bounds'. These bounds were usually a series of obstacle courses, and you had to get through the different obstacles to get to the next level. They were very fun because you had to use a combination of quick thinking, and team work with your fellow players.

So anyways, I decided to make my own little Bound.

The initial plan was to have multiplayer, but for now I have a series of single player maps.

The code at its current stage is completely user friendly because I figured this could be a community project. The code is based entirely on the variety of colours in a map. You can make maps very easily in mspaint(or any other image making program), and submit them to [email protected], I will do my best to include them in the game.

Some restrictions for maps.
- The image must be 480x272(It can be bigger if you need it to...just ask me first)
- If you're going to make an obstacle, make sure it's a solid colour(or a series of solid colours), for example, if you want the RGB code (200, 200, 200) which is grey, to kill the player, just let me know :P.
- By default, (0, 0, 0), which is black, will kill the player no matter what. Your boundaries should be black.
- Send all maps to [email protected], include a vivid description of how you envision the map and I'll do my best to bring it to life. Also, please include a rating of 1-10 on how difficult you want your map to be.
--
----------
-Controls-
----------
Menu -
D-PAD/CROSS - Navigate throughout the menus

Game -
Analog - Move the mouse around
Cross - Click where you want the player to move

-------
-Notes-
-------
- The level selection screen flickers
- Some text positioning is a little off
- The boss is a little messed up
- Tons of optimizations to the game itself are to come
- Multiplayer mode is on its way
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via slasher (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=991021&postcount=1)

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 28th, 2006, 22:15
thx, looks cool!

kcajblue
August 29th, 2006, 02:33
i dunno what this is, but it looks cool.:D

Sk8.4.Life
August 29th, 2006, 12:21
I know what it's about, seeing as how I used to create bounds for Starcraft: Brood War, but you can hardly to compare that to this. XD Nice work.