PDA

View Full Version : Didn't care for Sonic 4? Try this.

Kaiser
October 24th, 2010, 00:17
As the resident Sonic nerd here at DCemu this caught my eye while browsing my favourite sites this morning.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3673/sonicrn.jpg

SONIC FAN REMIX

After weeks of screenshots and videos, you can stop salivating. Sonic Fan Remix is here.

Sonic Fan Remix is a 2.5D game by Pelikan13 and Mercury, creator of the “Sonic Physics Guide.” In this three level demo, you get to experience a re-imagined Emerald Hill Zone. Act 1 and 3′s layouts will seem familiar, but Act 2 is entirely original. What’s also unfamiliar is the crazy amount of detail put into this project. From the water/rain effects to the game’s lighting, this is truly Emerald Hill as you haven’t imagined it.

A welcome addition to 2.5D Sonic are the original physics that made Sonic a hit in the first place. There are even a few adjustments to suit Mercury’s tastes.

I, along with many other members of the community, have been beta testing this game for a few days and we’ve caught a few of the issues lingering in the demo. Pelikan has released this project a bit ahead of schedule and has yet to correct everything that we’ve given back to him. If you find an issue with the project, don’t hesitate to air it. It will only make a great project even better.

Via Sonic Retro (http://www.sonicretro.org/2010/10/sonic-fan-remix-available-for-download/)

Grab the Demo at the link provided. I might try and mirror it on DCemu here as well if it's needed.

Note: Do remember to reset the controls when booting the game as it seems the default settings don't work right off the bat.

asnesio
October 24th, 2010, 07:24
Just amazing. Sonic 4 was just "OK" but this is marvelous! Hope SEGA people get inspired by this great work and do a HD remake of sonic 1 through 3 & knuckles maybe even hiring those guys. Really great stuff.

jaycee900
October 24th, 2010, 13:15
Stunning!! The controls worked no problem for me first time....did find a bug jumping off a hill and i died falling through a hill! But the graphics and sound are amazing for a homemade effort...SO much better than Sonic 4...top job guys!

mike_jmg
October 24th, 2010, 15:10
I don't really care for sonic, but this looks amazing, specially for homemade. Hope this will teach something to the people at sega and maybe other companies.

Also, they should hire these guys ASAP

kojiro7
October 24th, 2010, 15:32
its the first time in the world that a pd game is far better than a commercial of the same kind
shame on you sega,you should hire these people at once!

retroben
October 25th, 2010, 01:38
This is also on SSRG in the front page.

Kaiser
October 25th, 2010, 05:12
its the first time in the world that a pd game is far better than a commercial of the same kind
shame on you sega,you should hire these people at once!

Agreed

Veskgar
October 27th, 2010, 00:29
Good stuff! Appreciate the hard work and effort to make this look so good. This is how a Sonic game should look in this day in age.