PDA

View Full Version : Wii Deliberately Shown as Underpowered?

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 10:39
The endless Wii rumour mill continues to grind apace, with the latest gossip around the emerging home platform claiming Nintendo has, to date, shown only games that mask its true graphical potential.

The reason Nintendo did this? According to the French source citing 'secret Nintendo leakers', Nintendo wants to surprise everyone. That's right. The latest Nintendo rumour is that the final press showing of the Wii will see massively uprated graphics across the Wii range.

"Nintendo has been playing us the fool all along. They have been showing us trailers for games that have deliberately downgraded graphics compared to what the Wii can actually do. This is to create an element of surprise for the press during Nintendo's next media event," claims the Actu JV section of Jeux France.

Of course, this is an auto-fulfilling prophecy. It's not as though Wii software with almost six months' additional development time is going to look any worse than it did during its E3 debut...

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 29th, 2006, 14:16
so maybe they're making the graphics bad at first, then improve the graphics, and release it with good graphics, that would stir a lot of excitement.

Kramer
August 29th, 2006, 14:27
I hope this is true.
OMG im starting to get excited about the wii. I cant wait till it's out because I lost interest in my ps2 about two months ago and i haven't been able to get into a good game in ages.

CampaKaze
August 29th, 2006, 15:15
Lol i saw one of the vids for Call Of Duty 3 on the Wii and it looked good enough for me. Well anyways this is good news :P

fg-54
August 29th, 2006, 16:04
yea, i REALY hope its true, i was starting to get depressed at the fact that nintendo might of made a mistake by making the wii too cheap, with not good enough graphics.

tisti
August 29th, 2006, 17:28
Something like the DS? :P (note: I own a DS and love it)

lexluthor
August 29th, 2006, 18:41
Something like the DS? :P (note: I own a DS and love it)

I was slow on the DS news at first. Did they actually show games with 2d graphics and then pull out 3d ones at a later date?

chemical
August 29th, 2006, 18:50
Although MAYBE this rumour was started by anti-nintendo guys so that when the graphics arent amazingly improved, everyones thinking "oh.... so thats all we get"

But I hope it is true, the more advanced graphics the better!

lexluthor
August 29th, 2006, 20:22
I seriously doubt this one. It would be crazy for Nintendo to have spent the last year down playing the importance of graphics only to say "Ta-da look at these fantastic Wii graphics"

Malksta
August 29th, 2006, 20:57
The Wii's Graphic's seemed good enough for me but if it was better :eek:

CampaKaze
August 30th, 2006, 00:20
Lol from now, i expect anything, good and/or bad, to come from Nintendo.. i was like wt* when i heard about the DS and the new Wii remote, but now they are both good, i absolutely agree with the Wii-mote because i like FPSs like counter strike and hated them on consoles. I wouldnt doubt this happening.