PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins Asian ver. (w/ English Interface)

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 11:20
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/?aff_id=24)

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-ghosts-and-goblin-L.jpg

An exclusive PSP edition of Capcom's legendary platforming game, directed by the original's creator Tokurou Fujiwara. The game makes use of a 3D graphics engine, giving depth to the visuals, but plays in a side-scrolling perspective and similar art design to stay true to the original. Your goal is to work your way through side-scrolling stages, defeating enemies and using your best platforming skills. The game lets you build up your skills as you progress. You start off with just a basic jump, but eventually gain a double jump and even the ability to fly. You'll also earn lots of magic spells along the way. The game promises a greater number of spells and weapons than ever before. New for Goku Makaimura is non-linear gameplay. You're no longer on a fixed path from start to end. The levels include branching points and even warp points. By using a warp point, you can warp back to previous levels and collecting items that you might have missed.

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-ghosts-and-goblin-X4.jpg

Nookadum
August 29th, 2006, 12:10
Damn, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this! :D

Sk8.4.Life
August 29th, 2006, 12:17
I've got a friend who used to play this on a Sega Genesis emulator at school. :D He was pretty damn good at it too. He'll probably be pretty interested in this.

Accordion
August 29th, 2006, 16:20
best game on psp

fistikuffs
August 29th, 2006, 19:07
Can't wait for this classic on the PSP!

pibs
August 30th, 2006, 03:44
This sounds familiar to ghost n ghouls, I used 2 love that game for genesis. Is this a knockoff of it?

Pumped'Up
September 1st, 2006, 02:49
For your information, the version on the Genesis is a downscaled port from the amazing CPS-1 arcade version. Check it out using NJ's CPS-1 emulator for PSP - you'll need to buy or acquire the ROM but it's worth it. Ghouls'n Ghosts is easily the best in the series IMHO.

I plan on buying Ultimate Ghost'n Goblins, but I just hope it'll be near as good as Ghouls'n Ghosts. Btw, the US version was released yesterday in North America.

RV2006
September 1st, 2006, 10:26
I would get this game, but I hope its more forgiving than Super Ghost'n Goblins because that game was almost impossible, (And I've played Contra for hecks sake!!), I never got past the first level, which makes me sad...:(

Baboon
September 1st, 2006, 11:23
Well only a week to go and then its finally released here in the UK! ..woo hoo! :)

Its just a shame it takes forever for games to be released over here compared to the rest of the world (DVD's are the same). :( ...I guess next time i'll just import the game like I did with Tekken DR.

This game looks ace though, Capcom defo at their best!!

donne
September 1st, 2006, 11:39
The original was freaking difficult ! It's up there somewhere on the top 10 list of the most hard games I ever encountered.