PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us Say Wii will be $299?

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 11:49
First of all, my source was told that the price for the Wii in the U.S. will be $299. He was also told that all of this information is preliminary and does not necessarily reflect the finalized pricepoint.

It was also related to me that the Wii is bleeding hot! Excite Truck and Wii Tennis were both demoed, and my source felt like the controls were very well tuned, although difficult to master at first. And yes, these games were running off actual Wii hardware. It looks like the Wii is ready to go!

Sony also had some... demos... however, there was no hardware, no controller, and no actual gameplay. Everything that was shown were game trailers which did display some gameplay, but nothing running on actual PS3 hardware. So, here we are about 2 months from release day, and Sony STILL DOES NOT HAVE ACTUAL HARDWARE. Also, Sony is really driving to these managers that the major PS3 selling point is getting a cheap Blu-ray player. I'm not exactly sure why people would want to buy Blu-ray players at Toys R Us... but there you go.

Ok thats another rumour to digest

Kramer
August 29th, 2006, 11:58
lol blu-ray players prices will drop very quickly like dvd players did so I dont think "cheap" blu-ray player is going to be the selling point of the ps3.

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 29th, 2006, 14:11
even if it was $299 i would get it but it's a big rumour, it should be under $250

CampaKaze
August 29th, 2006, 15:18
$299 US? Ugh. thats like... something around $360 Canadian isnt it? Awh crud, lol oh well, ill get it anyways

mastersho
August 29th, 2006, 15:23
Maybe they will sell it for 300 but not everyone else will!

CampaKaze
August 29th, 2006, 15:32
Yah, Toys R' Us usually makes u pay more for their stuff, B*s*a*d*!

fg-54
August 29th, 2006, 16:08
i think its bull! nintendo already said less then $250 i don't know why they keep trying to decive us if NINTENDO! YES NINTENDO! said that it would be under $250 we shouldn't leasten to anyone eles, what do they know? are THEY making the wii? are THEY deciding how much it will cost? couse i'm pretty sure that all of that was up to nintendo.

ACID
August 29th, 2006, 16:12
I will still get it but toys r us always has higher Price's because they give you extra junk with the systems. So they really are charging you for what ever else is included.

fg-54
August 29th, 2006, 19:47
hopfully it comes with all launch games! 50 controlers with infinite battery! a $500 gift card! and you get to talk to iwata about any cool ideas you might have for a nintendo system! i would deffinatley pay $299 for that!

ACID
August 29th, 2006, 20:03
What the **** fg-54 what are you on my friend

fg-54
August 30th, 2006, 00:22
......not much, just a few......SQUIRLS! SQUIRLS! THEY ARE EVRYWHERE!!! DON'T LET THEM CONTROL YOU'R MIND! IF YOU DO, THEN YOU MUST LOVE NUTS FOREVER! AND NOBODY WANTS THAT!

CampaKaze
August 30th, 2006, 00:31
Sorry i watched charlie and the chocolate factory again today on the movie network cus nuthing else was on and that movie Rocks So Freakin Hard! and SQUIRRELS OWN YOU! lol wanna know what im on? im on a freaking chair! i would agree with you, id buy lots of Wiis then sell the $500 gift cards for 450 ea. on ebay then buy alot of Dr. Pepper and buy a train ride to a place i dont really want to get into cus u prolly wouldnt really give a damn and if u read this post you have just admitted your really bored.

Video_freak
August 30th, 2006, 00:46
I wouldn't buy it at $299. Finale.