PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Bobble: Magical Tower Daisakusen

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 13:49
New Commercial game released for the PSP:

http://image4.play-asia.com/170/PA.65260.003.jpg

Bubble Bobble needs no explanation, check it out here --> http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-bl-49-en-84-j-70-1ecs.html

psiko_scweek
August 29th, 2006, 15:41
bubble bobble is the greatest game ever made. simple as that.

Baboon
August 29th, 2006, 15:44

Agreed! :)

Hungry Horace
August 29th, 2006, 17:40
personally i prefer Rainbow Islands.... and New Zealand Story! but you cant have everything :p

possibly the greatest multiplayer platformer though?

fistikuffs
August 29th, 2006, 19:11

100% correct!! As addictive as crack but a lot more fun i'd imagine!:D

Does anyone know if the original runs on any of the mame emus for the psp?

M-Lin
August 29th, 2006, 19:18

I have searched for the best emulation of the original and none of the mame ports can handle it - try Bubble Bobble then & now on the new Gpsp - the original is still the best!

Baboon
August 29th, 2006, 19:22

It doesnt work on mame4all, you just get a black screen. :(

The best version I've got on the PSP is BB Old and new on the GBA emu, but the SMSplus (which is the only reason I've got this emulator) and Castaway conversions are also v good. :D

M-Lin
August 29th, 2006, 19:23
:cool:
It doesnt work on mame4all, you just get a black screen. :(

The best version I've got on the PSP is BB Old and new on the GBA emu, but the SMSplus (which is the only reason I've got this emulator) and Castaway conversions are also v good. :D

Beta ya to it! :D

EDIT - but you're right old & new :p

Baboon
August 29th, 2006, 19:25

Beat ya to it! :D

Haha... fair enough! :D

It's a top game though... its just crazy that we can play CPS2 and NeoGeo games, but we still cant get the classic game Bubble Bobble to work! lol

The GBA version is coolio though. :)

M-Lin
August 29th, 2006, 19:27
I've heard NJ could be working on a raine port - that would play the originals, and hopefully sequels too

fistikuffs
August 29th, 2006, 19:28

Beat ya to it! :D

Thanks guys it's good to know there are other B&B nuts like me out there. I got grounded for months for stealing money off my folks and spending all my time in places i wasn't allowed to be just for bub and bob:p

Gonna check out these versions right now!!:D

Baboon
August 29th, 2006, 19:32
personally i prefer Rainbow Islands.... and New Zealand Story! but you cant have everything :p

possibly the greatest multiplayer platformer though?

Both are top games! ...and you've got to love The New Zeland Story because of the smoking kiwi! :D

Parasol Stars on the PC engine is another classic.

M-Lin
August 29th, 2006, 19:33
Thanks guys it's good to know there are other B&B nuts like me out there. I got grounded for months for stealing money off my folks and spending all my time in places i wasn't allowed to be just for bub and bob:p

I have an embarrassing amount of posts on a certain other psp site in my search for the perfect psp bubble bobble!

Baboon
August 29th, 2006, 19:37

A similar style game to BB and Rainbow Islands is 'Snow Bros', which is a top game and works very well on mame4all.

...also on Castaway (the atari ST emu) 'Rodland' is worth checking out. :)

fistikuffs
August 29th, 2006, 20:04
Ok just tried Bubble Bobble then and now and the Gpsp. Looks pretty good for now!! Thanks!:D :D :D

The_It
August 29th, 2006, 20:22
the characters arent little dinosaur things anymore? they are guys in dinosaur costumes with guns? that isn't cool.

Hungry Horace
August 29th, 2006, 20:41
hey Amiga Bubble Bobble is almost arcade perfect....

just tested it on pspuae and it runs at ~45 FPS on frameskip 3.... far from perfect but playable! (turn the sound off and it's spot on!) it should only be after 50fps being a PAL version and all but pspuae is a bit wierd and trys to put everything at 60 fps.

Rainbow Islands is also very playable!

a port of Raine would suit me to the ground though!

@ The It: where the f--- did you get that from? they are and always were two brothers who got turned into dinosaurs for the first game.

Panini
August 29th, 2006, 21:14
i luv the music in bubble bobble, it reminds me of when i was a kid in the arcades wasting 10p peices.

this new game will not compare to da original one

repuken2
August 29th, 2006, 23:30
Hey guys!!!
this emu :
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspmame096.shtml

the 'TT' version runs bubble bobble arcade full speed with 0 frameskip and sound off or a little slow sound with sound and frameskip. Check it out
its 'bublbobl.zip' set

crackkills
August 30th, 2006, 01:53
bubble bobble is a great game no matter what

psiko_scweek
August 30th, 2006, 02:45
man, ive never played the Arcadeversion. I played the NES version when I was a kid and loved it! me and my brother would play that game for HOURS!! its the greatest game ever.

my300zx
August 30th, 2006, 05:05
I don't know if there is any difference between the arcade and nes version, but the nes version plays perfect on nesterj.

Baboon
August 30th, 2006, 08:50
Hey guys!!!
this emu :

the 'TT' version runs bubble bobble arcade full speed with 0 frameskip and sound off or a little slow sound with sound and frameskip. Check it out
its 'bublbobl.zip' set

I'm at work now so I cant try this, but thanks for the info. Fookin ideal if arcade Bubble Bobble does work on this though. :D

Do you know if ithis version of mame is full screen? .

M-Lin
August 30th, 2006, 19:27
Hey guys!!!
this emu :

its 'bublbobl.zip' set

:( unplayably slow here!

repuken2
August 30th, 2006, 23:52
set frameskip to 9 (believe me it's not choppy) and sound to off (L shoulder button for options).

You can have sound enabled also, you'll notice it a little slow paced tough but it's quite good :D

For 'kinda' fullscreen select stretched in screen options.

p.s.: try elevator action, tiger heli, new zealand story (set sound to off and it's quite playable) and insector X too.

tsurumaru
August 31st, 2006, 00:50
Wow Bubble Bobble is a great game and Rainbow Islands too! I think Parasol Stars was the second sequel to it before it went to Bubble Bobble 2 and continued onwards. :)

Baboon
August 31st, 2006, 08:38
Well I tried the arcade version on pspmame and its very slow with sound. :(

...for now I think i'll stick to the newest conversion of it for the GBA (Bubble Bobble old and new). :)

Hungry Horace
August 31st, 2006, 12:15
frameskip to 9 with no sound????

honestly... play it on pspuae...it suddenly sounds like a luxury!