PDA

View Full Version : MS rules out HD Xbox remakes

Shrygue
October 27th, 2010, 00:24
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/41491/MS-rules-out-HD-Xbox-remakes)

Microsoft is unlikely to pillage its back catalogue of Xbox titles for the high definition remake treatment on Xbox 360.

The admission comes from Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer, who told IGN: “I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea. I'm going to think about it from the customer's perspective, and are we really delivering something of value to the customer at a price that they want?

“We obviously have a lot of new things going on, so the thought of re-doing a bunch of things is probably difficult to just weave into the overall portfolio. If you can provide real value to the customer, there could be possibilities for that, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it.”

The assertion flies in the face of what is increasingly becoming an established tactic in the industry. PlayStation platform holder Sony has already released an HD re-working of its God of War duo from PS2, and has further projects on the way.

Ubisoft, too, is to resurrect both Beyond Good & Evil and Prince of Persia for modern consoles while Sega is also revisiting some of its Dreamcast library and releasing them on Xbox Live and PSN.