PDA

View Full Version : US console charts: August 21-27

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 22:34
News Via Gamestop (http://us.gamespot.com/news/6156723.html)

The top 10 bestselling games from last week looked eerily like a football score: Madden 7, others 3. The 07 edition of Electronic Arts' annual football game nabbed the top seven slots in its first week in release. The platforms represented were, from first to seventh, the PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2 (Hall of Fame Edition), Xbox 360 (Hall of Fame Edition), PSP, and GameCube. The only console versions of Madden NFL 07 not to make the top 10 were the DS and Game Boy Advance versions.

When gamers weren't tackling runningbacks last week, they were killing zombies. Capcom's Dead Rising landed in eighth place, down three spots from the previous week. But even hordes of undead and 350-pound linemen couldn't stop the DS duo of Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day and New Super Mario Bros. The two titles remained on the top 10 list in ninth and tenth, respectively.

1 Madden NFL 07
Platform: PS2
2 Madden NFL 07
Platform: X360
3 Madden NFL 07
Platform: XBOX
4 Madden NFL 07: Hall of Fame Edition
Platform: PS2
5 Madden NFL 07: Hall of Fame Edition
6 Madden NFL 07
Platform: PSP
7 Madden NFL 07
Platform: GC
8 Dead Rising
9 Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Platform: DS
10 New Super Mario Bros.
Platform: DS

gamesquest1
August 29th, 2006, 22:59
wtf madden is shi*

Hevyduty
August 29th, 2006, 23:21
That's just embarrassing.

I bet that half the idiots who buy Madden on release day spend the rest of the year complaining about how EA only releases lame sequels and rehashes. Pathetic.

Junixx
August 29th, 2006, 23:34
WTF its a football game for crying out loud, its been the same things for a while just better graphics....

10shu
August 30th, 2006, 00:04
That pretty amazing...I can t understand it...

crackkills
August 30th, 2006, 02:35
me either madden is complete $h1T I hate the game it is for lame jocks and wannabe athlete fat a$$e$

woods05
August 30th, 2006, 05:15
Madden is usually a great game but I wouldn't think it was that good.

Sauron96
August 30th, 2006, 07:25
...FANS of the series love it unconditionally...get over it.

Kind of like...Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil, MGS, Tekken...etc?

FANS love it.

chipan
August 30th, 2006, 13:00
At least this lame sequel is not going to sell any unit on europe.

mnuhaily22
August 30th, 2006, 14:20
At least this lame sequel is not going to sell any unit on europe.
same here in dubai, everyone just likes Futbol'(soccer). It sells here for 30 DHS.(around 7Dollars)

Vancougar
August 30th, 2006, 16:01
What the? No GBA or DS Madden on that list? Preposterous!

Yes sportsfans, in America people support this like the Japanese support Dragon Quest. But unlike DQ, Madden is always the same exact game; but with marginal "improvements" that wreck the gameplay.
It's sorta like saying, how many times can a dog eat its own crap?

I do recall that in 2006 when you shut off the precision pass thingy, you had essentially Madden 2005; and when you changed the control scheme it became essentially Madden 2004! Waddayaknow! Either it was (at least) three games in one, or what may have been the first downgradable game ever!

sko, TheLogicalGamer
August 30th, 2006, 20:24
that's a lot of madden, but football is huge here in the U.S.

shrimpidy
August 30th, 2006, 20:41
I hate football games period. They're complicated and they are terrible. The only peole that buy those kind of games are those that would like to show their admiration for the game or some similar reason or they are idiots that dont do so.

Video_freak
September 1st, 2006, 02:27
wtf madden is shi*
Apperently not. It knocked New Super Mario Bros. to 10th! :eek:

punkypine
September 1st, 2006, 04:00
lol you guys are funny for trashing madden just cause you dont like football.

i bought it.

but its not like you wont buy a final fantasy 7 remake if that came out, or already buy remakes of tons of games (o shit, new super mario bros was a remake wasnt it). every madden is exactly that, marginal upgrades in graphics with some random gameplay additions that may or may not suck, as well as updated rosters and what not. To put it simply, when you initially play a new madden, it may seem kinda simaler, but after playing a new one, it becomes nearlly impossible to play an old one again because the feel is just different.

just cuz you're not into it, doesnt mean it sucks. alone, i rarely play madden, but i play it against my friends and cousins all the time and it makes for great competition.

that's not to say i dont love rpgs, fps, and many other genres, but just cause you hate sports games dont make them suck just like the TONS of people (believe it or not, more than the people who hate madden) who cant stand turn based games like final fantasy.