PDA

View Full Version : New amiganoid retro gaming system form germany

phoenixkonsole
October 27th, 2010, 19:10
The time comes near... The Ares Media Center is a x86 based MediaCenter and retro gaming system.
The goal is to creat a "amiganoid" retro oriented gaming and media System.

Avj3S2Y4_hA
This video shows AMC (the software which will be available from november for AmigaOS/AROS and MorphOS)

The Hardware will be driven by BroadwayCE (www.aros-broadway.de) which is a distribution based on AROS (a opensource OS www.aros.org)
The system boots in under 5 sec. into AMC.

3D support is driven by Gallium3D.

AMC has an open PlugIN system, so you (the homebrew scene) are welcome to help us making AMC the best gaming system on this planet : D

We will soon provide a game-laucher and Emu-launcher. Also we are working on an app-browser and an app-store.

Stay tuned.... the impact is coming.

I hope it can be for TV-console what Pandora is for handhelds....

Regards,
Pascal Papara
www.aresone.de

kojiro7
October 28th, 2010, 14:40
interesting,lets see
I hope it wont delay 3 years+ to come like pandora did

phoenixkonsole
October 29th, 2010, 15:51
No it will come out soon. It depends on the software and we are nearly done.... november is still targeted.
So in fact we will offer one HTPC-System as references system running this. Everyone can build his own system. Mini-ITX /micro-atx whatever. The reference system "Ares Media Center" comes just ready to go and you safe your time building something from scratch. Also this way you get preinstalled "free games" and playable demos.

If you are interested in the operating system you can check out www.aros-exec.org

Google for IcAROS or aros broadway to test it in virtualbox.

Stay tuned i will come up soon with details.

It offers endless possibilities.... so we can decide how it evolves.

kojiro7
October 29th, 2010, 22:31
very well my friend,thanks for the info