PDA

View Full Version : Red Steel Will NOT feature Online Play

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 22:21
An interview in the VIP lounge of Nintendo of Europe's website, requiring users to register via a pin number acquired by purchasing a Nintendo product, Ubisoft Senior Project Coordinator Stephanie Langlois breaks the news. "Online will maybe one day be announced by Nintendo but it won't be for the launch [of Red Steel]. In terms of gameplay I can't reveal anything really but what I can say is that internally we are making tons of tests," she said to the website.

Just a few days ago, 1UP reported on a rumor alleging that third parties had not yet received the development tools needed to implement online gaming into their launch-targeted releases, which the aforementioned statement appears to verify. Apparently they're leaving the option open for a post-release patch, but if Red Steel's successful, we imagine it will become sequel material.

lexluthor
August 29th, 2006, 23:09
Ahh thats a shame. Strangly I hadnt really even though about playing Red Steel online.

Suck about the lack of online for launch though. I would have thought Nintendo would sorted that out.

CampaKaze
August 30th, 2006, 00:17
Well... if you do get a Wii im sure your friends will want to play it with you ^_^, im not really dissapointed that much cus it will come out soon anyways.

azz1844
August 30th, 2006, 19:48
Sorry if this has been addressed before/elsewhere, but does anyone know WHY Nintendo is holding back on it's online service? They've bigged up how it will be free and have an easy-to-use interface, so why hold back on what is a potential buying point for the launch of the console?

Xiro
August 30th, 2006, 20:07
its not a big deal to me. Why would anyone buy red steel when metroid prime 3 is coming and out (most likely) WILL be online.