PDA

View Full Version : SquidgesnesGiz (Snes Emulator for Gizmondo)

wraggster
August 29th, 2006, 22:31
Reesy (http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8350) posted this news/release:

Hi,

I've done a basic port of Squidge's excellent Snes emulator to the Gizmondo. I doubt very much that I will do any more work on it, its just a stop gap until the sound in GizSnes is fixed. This port has pretty good sound on most games but if you try and run any things with mode7 graphics it all goes horribly wrong. Luckily none of the games I want to play use Mode 7 so I'm sorted

Save states work but are very slow, it can take 40 seconds to save a state. I have no idea why and I can't be bothered to find out. Ignore the SRAM menu options, they are disabled at the moment. Currently SRAM is loaded automatically when you load a ROM and it should be save automatically as well, although I have not tested it at all because....yes you guessed it, none of the games that I want to play need SRAM, so once again I am sorted.

Anyway I thought I'd share just in case this can help anyone else out.

Later
Reesy

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

flamerge
September 4th, 2006, 18:04
The quality and options are way better than the GizSNES. One problem though... you can only use this emulater at a time so u can't play classics from NES, GBA, SMS etc. With the Giz(console) emulaters you could emulate all the different consoles without having to change the inventory of your SD card... or can you?